Author Topic: [News] Annoying Orange moves to kill sesame street  (Read 6892 times)

conservatives never want to solve the problem from the source. always the superficial solution, the one that costs th most money, does the least amount of good and is the least sustainable

What is this homogeneous group of conservatives you keep talking about

What is this homogeneous group of conservatives you keep talking about
forget i meant to put 'some' before conservatives

forget i meant to put 'some' before conservatives

I'm guessing you also meant to do that before every other post condemning this shadowy group of conservatives

building the wall and border security are two different things. one builds a useless object that people can climb over or dig under, and the other employs skilled human labor to monitor and stop people from climbing or digging
It looks like you are implying a wall doesn't improve the enforcement of border security in any way ("Useless object"). I don't even know why that argument still exists "Oh boo hoo the wall wont stop people from coming to the US" as if we are just going to build it then abandon it to the loving wild. It's a tool to use to prevent illegal immigration not some magic force field. It will passively deter illegals, actively help prevent illegal immigration attempts, and helps maintain/improve the safety of any border patrol officers who may be hired to maintain the perimeter of the wall.

Either way I'm not sure I support defunding a program that has been shown to provide a benefit to children.

It looks like you are implying a wall doesn't improve the enforcement of border security in any way ("Useless object"). I don't even know why that argument still exists "Oh boo hoo the wall wont stop people from coming to the US" as if we are just going to build it then abandon it to the loving wild. It's a tool to use to prevent illegal immigration not some magic force field. It will passively deter illegals, actively help prevent illegal immigration attempts, and helps maintain/improve the safety of any border patrol officers who may be hired to maintain the perimeter of the wall.

Either way I'm not sure I support defunding a program that has been shown to provide a benefit to children.
The fence we already have on it is sufficient, and upgrading the wall won't help with those preventative measures. Humans are infinitely smarter than a fence, wall, or anything that will deter them. They can make ladders, dig tunnels, take a car across illegally, take a plane and overstay their visa, etc. I'm not saying remove any barrier that stands between us and mexico, as that would just let people walk in and out seamlessly, but spending 15-30 billion dollars on a wall is bad use of money. that money could use to create thousands of security jobs along the border, improve TSA screening and other labor and capita.

A wall will not provide much in terms of safety, preventative measures or anything. It won't be any more useful than a fence, a moat, or anything that you expect to stop people from moving in. Human labor is the best way to do this, and stimulates the economy more, since you are employing people, they have money to pay taxes, etc.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:18:37 AM by PhantOS »

The fence we already have on it is sufficient, and upgrading the wall won't help with those preventative measures. Humans are infinitely smarter than a fence, wall, or anything that will deter them. They can make ladders, dig tunnels, take a car across illegally, take a plane and overstay their visa, etc.
proof: despite how much time and how few people are on any popular blockland server, at least one person figures out how to break the build and exploit something the hosts didn't think of.