Author Topic: United Liberation Front (Anti-furry coalition) - This is absurd  (Read 127468 times)

did you just admit that you have autism
holy forget he did

I feel like this will be eventually related, the Interstellar Union of Cultures oh ok well i expected this to be a pretty good well-thought out and professional discord but it's just another anti-furry circle jerk ain't it

And considering the council includes Patton, who has the ability to
...I think it's justified that i be even a little suspicious of this

It's a Discord group of all internet subcultures and fanbases "except furries", and Patton and Limerick just so happens to be of the rank that can "declare war" and "decide where they build up their presence"

If you ask me, this just seems to be a way to continue building up the anti-furry army of the BLF

Possibly so that Patton can continue to claim innocence when the trololos happen, so that he can say that the ULF and NC are innocent, that some rando from the IUoC Discord did it, etc etc

FYI the only people in the discord who were turning the free speech channel into something as loud as cat love were the only people who were furries, which THEN made me decide to change the rules to be anti furry and appoint grimlock along with limerick since they demonstrated they were calm logical individuals inside of the chat who helped me sort out some of the rights problems and people telling me, the president of the chat, to shut up becuase free speech, and fabricating fake discord messages every 5 minutes that depict me saying I'm a cigarette. All in an effort to get me impeached, which would fail becuase at the time there was only one council member and a proper investigation would be pointless.

Hold it, how many individuals were being problematic?

To be professional as you claim, just ban the individuals instead of making a rule against them and putting the most problematic users on the admin list lol

Hold it, how many individuals were being problematic?

3 sometimes 4 bc one was on and off

To be professional as you claim, just ban the individuals instead of making a rule against them and putting the most problematic users on the admin list lol

Meh, I locked the thread and deleted the entire wall of text.

3 sometimes 4 bc one was on and off
Well couldn't you just have banned those and kept it at that? That seems more logical than outright banning furries in general, in my opinion.

FYI the only people in the discord who were turning the free speech channel into something as loud as cat love were the only people who were furries

were they posting literal research or just being annoying

there's a difference

and also:

inh has a point - instead of banning people for being stuffters (independent of whether they were furries or not), you decided to call them out for being furries and then put actively hateful people in your admin circle

it feels like you created your own problem here - instead of actually addressing the individuals and saying: "please don't do this in my server," you generalized them as being furries and made your own group into one of those pseudo-flame groups that just goes around whining about "how much furries are terrible people"

not to compare to some obviously worse political situations, but it's like excluding all gay kids from your friend group just because a gay guy was being flamboyant once, it doesn't address the person it just shuts out an entire demographic

Set pretty much summarised my thoughts on the issue, you had an okay discord coming along then you forgeted it by putting two cunts into a position of power, that's your doing and nobody elses.

also it's hilariously hypocritical to have a discord claiming internet community unity then going "forget furries". don't want furries in your discord? that's fine and cool, don't be a rooster about it.

were they posting literal research or just being annoying

there's a difference

and also:

inh has a point - instead of banning people for being stuffters (independent of whether they were furries or not), you decided to call them out for being furries and then put actively hateful people in your admin circle

it feels like you created your own problem here - instead of actually addressing the individuals and saying: "please don't do this in my server," you generalized them as being furries and made your own group into one of those pseudo-flame groups that just goes around whining about "how much furries are terrible people"

not to compare to some obviously worse political situations, but it's like excluding all gay kids from your friend group just because a gay guy was being flamboyant once, it doesn't address the person it just shuts out an entire demographic

Yes, I did create my own problem. Instead of having a simple disruption=ban system I set up this loose version of a democracy that would procedually have people vote and decide who is banned to make it more justified imo like "power to the people", it was intended for a large diverse chat population. But this happened when there were only 6 people in the entire chat and only 1 council member, when to be effective at voting and trying some for someones ban would need like 30 non council and 10-15 council for a diverse fair vote. I didn't wanto have a system where there was only a group of people with total power to rule over everyone else like tyrants. The anti furry rules were a hasty in the moment move that I admit were not thought through.

btw if you don't want furries in your discord, just make a rule saying "Don't act like a furry" or something, it's much more professional than just going "forget furries if ur a furry ur not allowed"

btw if you don't want furries in your discord, just make a rule saying "Don't act like a furry" or something, it's much more professional than just going "forget furries if ur a furry ur not allowed"

Yes that would have been better

Also a tip if you're going to do a democracy type system, put non-biased and respectable people into the system. Putting trolls and problem users just skews everything towards their point of view and will trash everything.

Speaking of discords, can someone PM me an invite to whatever the main BL one is now?

Also a tip if you're going to do a democracy type system, put non-biased and respectable people into the system. Putting trolls and problem users just skews everything towards their point of view and will trash everything.

I started the discord with no prior to what was happening in the community at the time which included having no idea who grimlock and limerick were