Bloxcity is back

Author Topic: Bloxcity is back  (Read 7735 times)

ok nevermind about getting on steam mario

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=10277

this is the account, apparently.

such a loving old trick, he reused his password
someone got his email address/even able to just use his username and decided to check a bunch of database leaks for the password, attempted to log in with the passwords from said leaks and successfully did so.

this is why they're hijacking old accounts mostly; they're just using database leaks and inactive accounts generally don't change their password. so loving easy to find this out.
I posted this last page
The only DB paste is for vBulletin > 3.8.5 and he had a particularly strong password. Even after bruting it, and using wordlists and all kinds of stuff, it wasn't able to crack the salted hash.
It doesn't explain Armageddon/the other forumers being hijacked, though.

Seems like Badspot cleared everyone's cookies.

I posted this last page
The only DB paste is for vBulletin > 3.8.5 and he had a particularly strong password. Even after bruting it, and using wordlists and all kinds of stuff, it wasn't able to crack the salted hash.
It doesn't explain Armageddon/the other forumers being hijacked, though.
you underestimate the power of social engineering

if you tried hunting for DB's with just the username, you're doing it wrong.
considering bloxcity has come up numerous times, even a few times for session hijacking, it's safe to say there's a fairly decent amount of effort being put into account hijacking.

it's entirely possible that they're being friends with said people in other places to gain access to sources of info that would otherwise be inaccessible, which would easily reveal superior DB's

if you think that people wouldn't go to such lengths, you're fooling yourself. this type of bullstuff is exceedingly common in the gmod cheating and raid forums communities.

you underestimate the power of social engineering

if you tried hunting for DB's with just the username, you're doing it wrong.
considering bloxcity has come up numerous times, even a few times for session hijacking, it's safe to say there's a fairly decent amount of effort being put into account hijacking.

it's entirely possible that they're being friends with said people in other places to gain access to sources of info that would otherwise be inaccessible, which would easily reveal superior DB's

if you think that people wouldn't go to such lengths, you're fooling yourself. this type of bullstuff is exceedingly common in the gmod cheating and raid forums communities.
I overestimate the power of social engineering
lol

Do you think these hackers are just random trolls with nothing to gain but laughter, or do you think this is one of the bloxcity scammers?

Is there a way to change passwords, I would like to safely update mine to prevent this.

Do you think these hackers are just random trolls with nothing to gain but laughter, or do you think this is one of the bloxcity scammers?
Bloxcity scammers. The guy who owns the website's clearly an idiot, I'm surprised roblox hasn't threatened to sue him because the site's just a ripoff.

Is there a way to change passwords, I would like to safely update mine to prevent this.
go to account related settings on ur profile

yeah i wouldnt mind 2FA now