Author Topic: Is Hotline Miami 2 good?  (Read 2575 times)

i got it on sale yesterday but i have a feeling i will suck

don't trust your feelings

don't trust your feelings
i booted up nd played 30 minutes, its really cool :D

I didn't finish it. The level design is too ass. The aesthetics are just as good though.

it's nice

the power plant level is infuriating tho

its a great game and a wonderful way to expand and improve on hotline 1
the ending is kinda widely seen as bullstuff though:
regardless of everything that just happened everyone gets loving nuked in the end

i suggest you also play it on hard mode because its just that much more satisfying when you beat it

i just bought both and played through both of them. i like the idea and what there is of a story, and how bizarre it is, but the gaming mechanics suck ass. i probably won't be playing it ever again.

The music and the graphic appeal is great-- I'd say about as good as the first one.
If you don't follow the story 100%, and know a little backstory from the firsy, or just pay very close attention to the cutscenes in HM2, you WILL get confused on the story. It might take you a couple playthroughs/a lot of thinking to get what the ending is, or the whole story  in general.

If you liked the first one, and didn't care much about the story, I'd say get it. It's a little more infuriating than the first, but it's still a great game to play.

If you do follow the story, you will be dissapointed, or highly confused. Get on sale.

of course hlm is hardly about story anyway
Are you joking? Please tell me you're joking.

its a good game, a bit more frustrating than the first one though. There is a story, its just played out of order. I enjoyed the hell out of it, the music honestly is what ties the game together.

remember that one stupid forgetin hotline miami 3 thread i made a while back
christ just thinking about it makes me want to kill myself

remember that one stupid forgetin hotline miami 3 thread i made a while back
christ just thinking about it makes me want to kill myself
Was that the one about Manny surviving because he has thick skin?

Was that the one about Manny surviving because he has thick skin?
yup
i spoiled the ending in that thread too