Author Topic: [NEWS] Anti-Annoying Orange HW assignment given to 11-yr-old in NYC, father of kid upset  (Read 6122 times)

"Do not try to influence my children on them"

Huh, I guess picking fights w/ grammar teachers runs in the family  :cookieMonster:
That's some quality humour their

"haughty manner"

What the forget are they teaching 11 year olds?

I had to look up what haughty meant.

Also, it's a fact that the first black president set a precedent. That's not even a political opinion--it's just true.

Oh yes.

The first black president to cause the most wars and most bombings than any other president in America while also obtaining the Nobel Peace Prize.

He sure did set a precedent.

We all know he won the peace prize for being black, we all know his award was bullstuff. He won it waaaaaaaaaaay too early.

can you get banned for spam for quadruple posting stuff that obviously should've been a single post? jesus, 2 and 3 aren't even a minute apart. the edit wouldn't even show up!

An 11 year old being smarter than you.

Sounds about right.

first-hand proof of our poor education system

An 11 year old being smarter than you.

Sounds about right.

That word was never taught in any of my schools/classes, doubt it was taught in your schools either.

I learned what Haughty meant on my 11th birthday, because I got Civilization 5. It was newly released. I played as China that night and recall the narrator calling Wu Zetian (I still remember her name) the Haughty Empress of China. Since I was 11 I perceived this as 'the Hotty Empress of China' and asked my parents why they called her a hotty. They explained the alternate version of the word.

I learned what Haughty meant on my 11th birthday, because I got Civilization 5. It was newly released. I played as China that night and recall the narrator calling Wu Zetian (I still remember her name) the Haughty Empress of China. Since I was 11 I perceived this as 'the Hotty Empress of China' and asked my parents why they called her a hotty. They explained the alternate version of the word.

But you didn't learn it from school.

That word was never taught in any of my schools/classes, doubt it was taught in your schools either.
I hardly remember anything before middle school but I knew what it was without looking it up.

it's more of a Annoying Orange meme and pointless debate megathread

Implying there's such a thing as a meaningful debate megathread on the blf

I uh, I don't think that was actually implied in the statement...

are you mad that they are learning words in the english language?

?????

"god damn liberal media and schools brainwashing kids to know the meaning of WORDS, MADNESS I SAY"