Author Topic: THE OSCARS ANNOUNCED THE WRONG BEST PICTURE  (Read 6623 times)

LOL WTF JUST HAPPENED WITH BEST PICTURE

can i beat my friends teeth in cause they said kubo sucked and zootopia was better

dude THIS IS THE BEST OSCAR CEREMONY EVER

Also forget it's been a year already since the oscars? forget

Also is it just on TV or is there a link floating around to see whats happening?

THEY ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED THE WRONG BEST PICTURE OH MY GOD

Also forget it's been a year already since the oscars? forget

Also is it just on TV or is there a link floating around to see whats happening?

It's already over, nerd

they announced La La Land as Best Picture then handed the director his oscar, only to cut him off once he started speaking and yell that it actually went to Moonlight. They were laughing so the dude was like 'THIS IS NOT A JOKE--MOONLIGHT, YOU WON!' and everyone in the audience was freaking out. what the hell

Who won what?
moonlight won, apparently they'd initially announced that it was la la land
they announced La La Land as Best Picture then handed the director his oscar, only to cut him off and yell that it actually went to Moonlight. They were laughing so the dude was like 'THIS IS NOT A JOKE--MOONLIGHT, YOU WON!' and everyone in the audience was freaking out. what the hell
fuk of

I think they were handed the Best Actress card for whatever reason.

i havent heard of either of these movies

i havent heard of either of these movies
do u want applause for being behind on pop culture

Is it really pop culture if I haven't seen a lick of info/discussion/adverts on Moonlight, despite being relatively well connected to most social media?...

im aware about movies when they come out especially if they're supposed to be as good as this because usually people i know never shut up about it but ive never heard of either of these movies.

also ur attitude wasn't necessary -______________-

Is it really pop culture if I haven't seen a lick of info/discussion/adverts on Moonlight, despite being relatively well connected to most social media?...
yea i havent seen anything about it on tv either

The Oscars is a massive political circlejerk that chooses awards based on cash and not merit. Don't be surprised Disney won. They always do.

(Off topic, someone needs to knock them down a few pegs. I, as a conservative, think they're getting to be too big of a company. That's how massive of a company they are.)

The Oscars have no actual meaning when you account for those factors. Zootopia won because it was political and because it was Disney, despite Kubo being 50x more original of a concept and having the gall to not pander to pop culture (Regina Spektor vs. forgetira). Moonlight won because black guy and "ooh introspective and social commentary!!!111!!!11!1!11!" Self Delete Squad won because it was a bigger movie, not because it was a better movie. I don't like either SS or ST:B, but Trek's costume design far surpassed the "supa-dupa edgee" look of SS.

If you still watch the Oscars, you're wasting your time. That translates to other awards ceremonies as well. You determine what's good, and if the Hollywood establishment's interests don't line up with that, then they're going to feel it at the box office and in the ratings.