Author Topic: Homebrew D&D stuff  (Read 2371 times)

So, I really like the game Dungeons & Dragons, and I really like sharing special stuff that I make as a DM or even as a player at times. I know a good few of you play this as well, so maybe the lot of you have some things written that you want opinions on?

First, a question; should I make a repository of all the things people post here, so people can just stop by and grab what looks appealing to them?

So the first thing I'd like to actually share is a boss monster that I've made for the players to fight. Currently, they're in a drow settlement that was taken over by demons and then filled with undead. The monster itself was made by a few wizards in a lab that's very out of place in their dark-ages world. This lab is pretty much Dr. Frankenstein's lab with tesla coils, punched card computers and other such things. The wizards have all bound their own souls to the several hundred that are in the boss (it being composed of bodies) so that when they die (they intended a sacrificial ritual, filled with booze and succubi) their souls take control of the monster.

I've yet to fully stat the monster, but the basic idea is there. One thing I've been having trouble is finding a suitable themesong for it. I've been putting themesongs to various other encounters and occasions so far, and my players have been enjoying it. Right now, I have "Nancy" as it's theme, but it doesn't feel like it fits well enough for such an important encounter.

"Flesh Construct"
http://pastebin.com/y6y8KzNe

edit: updated paste with more stats. This look doable for an 8th level party that has a good bit of magical items?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:37:38 PM by Rigel »

Based on the idea of that creature, it might fit if it had some ability to absorb dead adventurers for some purpose.

Do not remind me of the ending to inside pls

Is DnD any fun for hard core jrpg fans?

Is DnD any fun for hard core jrpg fans?
Yep, there's special things in the Dungeon Master's Guide for eastern-related campaigns and equipment. Otherwise, you could try GURPS for all your weeb needs, as that game system can encompass literally anything.
You're gonna make me play an entire game I knew nothing of previous just because I don't know what you're talking about. Do you feel proud of yourself?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 09:43:17 PM by Rigel »

I'm in the middle of making races for 5e. What's nice is 5e is very modular, making it perfect for homebrewing.

I now know what you mean and sort of wish I didn't. The game was great, though.

D&D 1st edition but every time you roll d20 somebody yells "magic missle" right into your ear with a really high pitched voice

D&D 2nd edition but every time you die somebody yells "magic missle" right into your ear with a really high pitched voice