Poll

Should I make this a standalone map, or set it up for a roleplay server?

Keep it as a standalone map, it would work better that way
Set it up for a roleplay server, more people would be able to join the fun.

Author Topic: A Portal style project I'm working on.  (Read 4176 times)

I've been working on this for the past month or so, I only took a few screenshots, so there's some stuff that isn't seen in this thread, there's an entrance area and I'll upload shots of that later as I make more progress.

Feel free to let me know what you guys think.
Here's another screenshot of the behind the scenes area with the darker floor, I personally think it does look better this way.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:39:16 PM by blackholedragon »

Looks kinda bland imo
The floor should be a little darker, it looks a bit like a giant padded room

Looks kinda bland imo
The floor should be a little darker, it looks a bit like a giant padded room
Fair enough, I'll implement it into the build next time I work on it.

this gives me a 2010 blockland vibe.

Updating with some more screenshots, I changed the color of the doors and I included some shots of the entrance.

pretty dope project. id suggest maybe making the floor tiled instead of just using a single plate like you are now, it'd give it a more polished look and would be closer to portals style. id also suggest checking out swollows RTB archive (http://swololol.com/rtb) and grab some of the old portal add-ons (prints especially)

pretty dope project. id suggest maybe making the floor tiled instead of just using a single plate like you are now, it'd give it a more polished look and would be closer to portals style. id also suggest checking out swollows RTB archive (http://swololol.com/rtb) and grab some of the old portal add-ons (prints especially)
It's funny you mention the portal addons, I have them, the prints, the portal gun, even the portal bricks, the bricks are what I've been using in fact. I also have the energy ball projectile but I haven't found a way to actually make it function the right way, I need the projectile to be destroyed when it hits the catcher, but I can't find a way to do this. I'm sure there's an addon somewhere that adds a destroy projectiles event, but I haven't found it.

onProjectileHit>Projectile>Delete ?

is that aperture science or a chase bank

onProjectileHit>Projectile>Delete ?
Well damn, I've never actually noticed the "projectile" option after selecting "onprojectilehit"
Which is astounding, because I've had blockland since 2009.

is that aperture science or a chase bank

Allow me to clarify, it's meant to match the logo in the portal prints.

more like labrickories