Author Topic: What are some good boundaries to work inside of in Modelling?  (Read 928 times)

I'm currently working on a bunch of high detail Hatmod Hats, and i need to know what amount of faces/edges/verts/tris/whatever is considered too much for a hat, and could lag average machines.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 10:22:38 AM by Bloo Kirby the 2nd »

high detail
woah there Sally stop right there

the goal for making models is to use the least amount of polygons with the right amount of detail.

things to keep in mind
- don't make shapes too thin
- don't make a 1x1 scale of whatever you're making
- often exaggerate the scale of certain details of what you're making
- make sure it's got some good color to it

woah there Sally stop right there

the goal for making models is to use the least amount of polygons with the right amount of detail.

things to keep in mind
- don't make shapes too thin
- don't make a 1x1 scale of whatever you're making
- often exaggerate the scale of certain details of what you're making
- make sure it's got some good color to it

I am aware that i have to use the least polygons as possible, I am trying to recreate the Payday The Heist/Payday 2 Masks, but they have a lot of detail to them.
Here's a Picture of them if you've never seen them before.

i just want to know what is a reasonable poly count for hats so i can try and stay within that range.

there's isn't really a 'reasonable polycount' as long as the hat doesn't look like a huge triangular mess you'll be fine.

only thing i can say is to keep a good ratio of polycount for each detail

for instance, if the nose of the mask has like 100 tris then you're doing somethi ng wrong

alright, i've posted some pictures of a thing i did make on this thread: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=308441.0
locking because it's pretty redundant