Jailbreak is down and Crown hasn't told us why

Author Topic: Jailbreak is down and Crown hasn't told us why  (Read 4226 times)

no i'm guessing it has to do with what happened on jan 16

and what happened on january 16th?

no i dont think the beginning of the roman empire is why jailbreak is down

no i dont think the beginning of the roman empire is why jailbreak is down
are you sure? augustus seemed pretty critical about it

glass went down on January 16, because the server was made dedicated (by BLG Hosting) it went down also.

blame jinux for that stuff

glass went down on January 16, because the server was made dedicated (by BLG Hosting) it went down also.

blame jinux for that stuff

Blockland Glass and Glass Hosting are two separate entities, an outage on Blockland Glass does not affect Glass Hosting and vice versa. I also can't find any mention of an outage on January 16th, and I don't see how it would even relate to Crown shutting his server down 2 months later.

considering your past reputation/behavior on Glass, I don't think you're in a position to be making any sort of accusation any way.

take any reasons for the server shutting down with a grain of salt unless it came from Crown directly with proof.
claims that something "happened" on February 23rd are unsubstantiated.

glass went down on January 16
No it didn't. That's the date we launched Glass 4.0 with the site update preceding it by a few days. Any downtime would have been a ~10 second chat server update which is clearly communicated and very brief. Given that it was a launch day, I was in communication with Crown all day as we were both (as well as Paperwork) ironing last minute bugs.

because the server was made dedicated (by BLG Hosting) it went down also.
Glass Hosting operates independently of Glass. While both reside on the same server, they're not tied in together. On top of that, the Blockland servers hosted by Glass Hosting continue to operate even if there is a service outage.

i feel bad for the people that spent money on the server lmao

Ayla Mao

jan 16 was a random date btw

I do too. I try to keep the server open a lot but what you guys don't really see is how much time and effort I put into the server. It's like a part time job, I spend so much time on the server watching people play and seeing what needs fixing/adding. Countless hours of me on while it's down debugging issues and adding new features for everyone. The amount that the server is open has greatly improved over the server's life cycle and I'm pleased with that but sometimes I just need a break. If the player base was larger resulting in more donations I might treat it like a serious job but as it is I just can't. I'm also balancing college classes and a social life. I could just leave the server up without me watching it but the quality would severely drop and issues could arise.

I honestly have no idea where anyone came up with the Jan 16th or Feb 23rd dates. The Blockland Glass Hosting service has nothing to do with the server being down, it almost never does.

I do too. I try to keep the server open a lot but what you guys don't really see is how much time and effort I put into the server. It's like a part time job, I spend so much time on the server watching people play and seeing what needs fixing/adding. Countless hours of me on while it's down debugging issues and adding new features for everyone. The amount that the server is open has greatly improved over the server's life cycle and I'm pleased with that but sometimes I just need a break. If the player base was larger resulting in more donations I might treat it like a serious job but as it is I just can't. I'm also balancing college classes and a social life. I could just leave the server up without me watching it but the quality would severely drop and issues could arise.
I actually really respect that

I'm sure I heard him say on Glass Live chat that he's working on updates for Jailbreak..
If you look closely on the Clients section of Blockland Glass, you'll see "Jailbreak Client"....

hes working on it but not as much as he previously did on a regular basis.