Author Topic: R.I.P. Jon "Jontron" Jafari, 1990 - 2017  (Read 31120 times)

misinterpretation on jon's part. the graph was presented as evidence that police officers arrest rich black people for minor / otherwise negligible offenses more often than they do white people. (namely weed-related)
its also in the 80s which was literally the worst time to be black and possess drugs thanks to stop and frisk

No one disproves the ignorant for the ignorance, the ignorant are disproved so the confused, misinformed, or otherwise unadvised are given something to grasp for reference.
You can't beat a wall into submission, and you cant paint a door on a wall to walk through it, all you can do is reveal what's on the other side without going through.
what the actual forget are you talking about

Also WTF was Jontron thinking? Politik wounds run deep on the internet recently. It's a way better idea to keep your political opinions separate from your video-game & internet culture comedy show, otherwise everyone that's into your content now have to deal with that extra political layer that's going to be something in the back of everyone's mind when watching your content.

Also WTF was Jontron thinking? Politik wounds run deep on the internet recently. It's a way better idea to keep your political opinions separate from your video-game & internet culture comedy show.

He does. He even stated in a Q&A that he wont be making political videos or bring politics into his show. It would be different if he was trying to push his political views in his show but he isn't. All this stuff went down on separate livestreams and his twitter.

He even stated in a Q&A that he wont be making political videos or bring politics into his show.

He's already bringing politics into his show by doing stuff like this. He's going into these big political debates with his Jontron handle. He's directly representing his content when he does this. Since like you said, his content isn't inherently political and tries to avoid perpetuating any opinions, he's harming his career for basically no means to an end considering how objectively awful he is at debating one-on-one like this.

Also WTF was Jontron thinking? Politik wounds run deep on the internet recently. It's a way better idea to keep your political opinions separate from your video-game & internet culture comedy show, otherwise everyone that's into your content now have to deal with that extra political layer that's going to be something in the back of everyone's mind when watching your content.
yea honestly we're to a point where american politics are so absurd that if you are a public figure of any kind you're going to get slammed for having a political opinion, and there's a lot wrong with that.

yea honestly we're to a point where american politics are so absurd that if you are a public figure of any kind you're going to get slammed for having a political opinion, and there's a lot wrong with that.

I completely agree with you, I just also think it was just honestly a terrible idea on Jon's behalf to do this. He isn't getting anything by showing up and letting le master debaters run circles around him verbally because he's not use to or particularly good at doing debates like this, he's just hurting his career. The same result would have happened if he and Destiny debated on a non-partisan issue even.

I completely agree with you, I just also think it was just honestly a terrible idea on Jon's behalf to do this. He isn't getting anything by showing up and letting le master debaters run circles around him verbally because he's not use to or particularly good at doing debates like this, he's just hurting his career.

Honestly I don't think Jon knew what he was getting in to. Destiny is the kind of "debater" who tries to yell louder then you and accuse you of stuff before you can even get a word in.

Usage of the word 'SJW' in a defensive context is almost directly proportional to how-forgeted-up the thing you're defending is.

Jontron is tacitly implying that blacks are inherently more violent than whites, that colonialism is a good thing, and that discrimination no longer exists in modern society. These statements are forgeted up from a completely moderate perspective. Criticizing these positions does not make you a SJW.

I don't think he's getting slammed specifically because of politics. Some of the stuff he's said here reflects poorly on himself as a person, not just his political beliefs.

otherwise everyone that's into your content now have to deal with that extra political layer that's going to be something in the back of everyone's mind when watching your content.

either i underestimate too much or i kinda think of it as like huge puddles of his political opinion than an entire layer. meaning like not everyone cares about the political belief behind what jon is doing and they just want more jontron content, and the people that do understand the political belief kinda just hit that puddle.

either i underestimate too much or i kinda think of it as like huge puddles of his political opinion than an entire layer. meaning like not everyone cares about the political belief behind what jon is doing and they just want more jontron content, and the people that do understand the political belief kinda just hit that puddle.

It will definitely not be too big of a hit to his content considering his content still stands pretty well by itself and he's a genuinely talented and funny person. He just in no way benefits from doing stuff like this. The ultimatum here is to either get better at debating and get more well-read on issues on his part if he wants to continue doing things like this or avoid politics like the plague, at least for now.

Jontron is tacitly implying that blacks are inherently more violent than whites, that colonialism is a good thing, and that discrimination no longer exists in modern society. These statements are forgeted up from a completely moderate perspective. Criticizing these positions does not make you a SJW.
I mean, stuff, the first statement is an example of the discrimination he said doesn't exist. If nothing else, Jon's showing himself to be a bit on the slow side here.

It will definitely not be too big of a hit to his content considering his content still stands pretty well by itself and he's a genuinely talented and funny person. He just in no way benefits from doing stuff like this. The ultimatum here is to either get better at debating and get more well-read on issues on his part if he wants to continue doing things like this or avoid politics like the plague, at least for now.

This wasn't a business decision, it was a decision based on emotion.

He just in no way benefits from doing stuff like this. The ultimatum here is to either get better at debating and get more well-read on issues on his part if he wants to continue doing things like this or avoid politics like the plague, at least for now.

i wholeheartedly agree, and since jon is an accepting person who would handle criticism, i think it should be said to him.

oh no he's politically incorrect i guess i can never watch his videos that have nothing to do with his political opinions anymore :(