Poll

should there?

my Bro, yes
52 (76.5%)
no
16 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: should there be a subforum specifically for news and politics  (Read 1886 times)

are tags possible with SMF? being able to add and filter those would be nice

make a news and politics subforum so that people don't derail every thread with political discussion

would be nice if people kept their political discussions to the megathread

Absolutely. I feel like lots of people (or maybe just me?) don't use off-topic as much now that it's all politics. Back when it was less common I liked contributing to those kinds of threads, but they're pretty overwhelming now and they aren't constructive or anything

Absolutely. I feel like lots of people (or maybe just me?) don't use off-topic as much now that it's all politics. Back when it was less common I liked contributing to those kinds of threads, but they're pretty overwhelming now and they aren't constructive or anything
It's pretty much the same people making the same arguments and getting nowhere, because neither side will ever change their mind, over and over again.  It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Myself included, although most of the time I'm able to restrain myself. It's mostly when people get history wrong that bugs me.

Agreed, the same people are getting in the same arguments over and over and honestly it's kind of wearing Off-Topic's appeal thin.

yes, kind of like how the forum games was made into its own area. this way we can remove the stufffest that is politics from off topic.

/pol/
Yes, and name it tony'd board because he will probably the only one who will post there.

No because off topic is made for random political discussions.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 01:50:43 PM by King Tøny »

I don't mind either way, but I'm leaning towards yes. Some people probably don't care for it showing up so often in off-topic.
you nailed me right on the head

Absolutely. I feel like lots of people don't use off-topic as much now that it's all politics.

Oh no, maybe now you'll have to actually post in on-topic boards.

It would certainly make OT as a whole a more chill, relaxing place.  Almost like make a Drama board specifically in the form of Off-Topic topics.