Author Topic: How to make events stop turning off when I die on Slayer?  (Read 2066 times)

Any looping events I have going on (relays, variables, etc) all stop working when I die in a slayer minigame on my server.

How do I fix this?

Correction: I have found that it is just VCE that stops working when I die in a slayer minigame

How can I go about fixing this?

does it work if VCE is the only addon?
i'm still pretty sure it's an addon you have messing with all of the events on your server
it'd probably be easier to fix if we know what the conflicting addon is, instead of remaking parts VCE to fix it

it's probably an issue with vce, to prevent permanent event spam. it probably stops all vce events triggered by an object when the object dies.

it's probably an issue with vce, to prevent permanent event spam. it probably stops all vce events triggered by an object when the object dies.

Would there be a way to disable that?

Because I can disable them whenever I want with /cancelevents. So having them automatically stop when I die in a Slayer minigame is pointless and completely inconvenient.

I should also mention that when I die but don't respawn, VCE keeps working. It's only when I respawn that any VCE loops stop working.

I have now also found out it's not just slayer, whenever I die and respawn, VCE stops working. How can I disable this?

I think VCE added spawn protection, to prevent instant kill loops and such
would need to edit the code to change that
but why does VCE need to work right as you spawn? what's the context?

I think VCE added spawn protection, to prevent instant kill loops and such
would need to edit the code to change that
but why does VCE need to work right as you spawn? what's the context?
Most of the systems on my ship stop working when I respawn since they use VCE. So in an RP, if I died and respawned, a lot of stuff would break.

if you have vce output events targeted to the player then that's your problem

that being said what does your setup look like

yup^
client variables are there until they disconnect
player variables are there until they die

On top of that, any loops that run using the player as a target will stop once the player dies. I forget exactly how VCE events look but if you do something like....

On____ > Player > ifValue
OnVariableTrue > Player > do stuff
[delayed] OnVariableTrue > Player > ifValue

This will end once the player target doesn't exist, which happens when they die or for any reason respawn.

On top of that, any loops that run using the player as a target will stop once the player dies. I forget exactly how VCE events look but if you do something like....

On____ > Player > ifValue
OnVariableTrue > Player > do stuff
[delayed] OnVariableTrue > Player > ifValue

This will end once the player target doesn't exist, which happens when they die or for any reason respawn.
Actually those do work after death, if you have the loop being triggered with relays.