Yooka-Laylee

Author Topic: Yooka-Laylee  (Read 15981 times)

First off, removing a tiny cameo is not "attempting to ruin somebody's livelihood." Don't be so melodramatic.
Second, he's said a lot more than just "msm has done some bad" and if there's even one thing he's said that they don't like, they're completely within their rights as a company to not associate with that. There's nothing wrong with that.
Great, and I'm completely within my rights to tell them I'm not gonna support their political agenda pushing bullstuff.
This bullstuff is growing more and more common as the downfall is near.

why should people care about jon's opinions.
only a complete baboon would find his cameo offensive enough to want it removed simply because "its jon and he said things i dont like"

Great, and I'm completely within my rights to tell them I'm not gonna support their political agenda pushing bullstuff.
You really don't care at all about a company pushing "a political agenda." You care that they appear to not be pushing your favored political agenda. If they came out with an official statement saying "forget those guys who made those articles about Felix" you'd eat it up in a heartbeat, and if jon was never included in the first place you wouldn't give a stuff at all. You care that they removed a minor voice cameo from the game because you think they suddenly either:
1. Are against everything jon's said (Specifically the things you support), or:
2. "Gave into pressure."

The first of which has no basis in reality, as there really was some questionable and outright false things that he's said that are likely the basis of their reason for removing him. They never mentioned anything in specific in their official statement and there wasn't any sort of minor implication that they bask at the feet of your idealogical enemies or something.
The second of which also has no basis in reality as there really hasn't been any sort of evidence of pressure on them to denounce or remove him. This appears to be a completely independent decision.

why should people care about jon's opinions.
only a complete baboon would find his cameo offensive enough to want it removed simply because "its jon and he said things i dont like"
This is exactly my thought on the matter, though. A tiny voice cameo isn't really a big deal, and the entire incident hasn't gotten nearly enough mainstream attention to really warrant an official statement on the matter. There may be some more internal stuff going on that we're not aware of, but beyond that this isn't going to help anything. It probably cost them more to remove it than whatever they stand to potentially gain (Which is very little even in the best case)
I don't think it's going to hurt either, as again, so few people make decisions on what to buy based on whether or not a minor voice cameo is or is not in the game. I think it was a dumb decision, but trying to take moral high ground by saying you're not going to buy the game anymore (Especially when there's a good chance you wouldn't have bought it anyway) is just way too dumb for me to not point out.

The second of which also has no basis in reality as there really hasn't been any sort of evidence of pressure on them to denounce or remove him. This appears to be a completely independent decision.

Except for the threads on NeoGaf which encouraged people to write to Playtonic to remove the cameo.
https://twitter.com/mombot/status/844930948583964673/photo/12520
Do you even research this stuff before you spew it?

Except for the threads on NeoGaf which encouraged people to write to Playtonic to remove the cameo.
https://twitter.com/mombot/status/844930948583964673/photo/12520
Do you even research this stuff before you spew it?
Do you seriously think a few emails from random people is enough to make them remove something from their game? You'd need some actual evidence to prove that. Did an official member of the team post there?

I was never gonna buy the game in the first place, but I agree that people shouldn't say they won't buy the game over this.

I was never gonna buy the game in the first place, but I agree that people shouldn't say they won't buy the game over this.

People can not buy a game for any reason they like, just like how the developer can remove whatever they like.

Also http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=1354840&page
How nice and tolerant

I mean, that's not why. If you don't wanna buy it, like who gives a stuff, but you can kindof keep that to yourself.

The same could have been said about Playtonic. They didn't have to make a statement about this.

The same could have been said about Playtonic. They didn't have to make a statement about this.
If they just kept it to themselves and quietly removed him, and we only found out like a day after release that he's no longer in it... I have no idea how strongly people would react to that compared to this.

But, I know one thing for certain. Certain people (Not naming any names because I seriously have no idea who this would apply to) would speculate. A lot. And those certain people would become very passionate about their speculation. And those certain people would speculate about why they didn't release any statement, and then become very passionate about that. I can predict a few lines that might have been used... "They don't care about letting customers know what's in their game," or maybe "MSM got to them! They're compromised! Don't buy any of their stuff!" And that's definitely not good for PR. It definitely makes sense why they'd release a statement about why they removed him.

The characters literally speak in grunts and farts. Most people wouldn't notice nor would they care.

The characters literally speak in grunts and farts. Most people wouldn't notice nor would they care.
Well yeah, but the same thing can be said now. Almost nobody gives a stuff about this now, (Master Matthew is the only one I can see legitimately caring enough to make a buy/not buy decision based on it) and there was still a statement on it. It makes so little difference either way that I'm surprised any action was taken at all.

Well yeah, but the same thing can be said now. Almost nobody gives a stuff about this now, (Master Matthew is the only one I can see legitimately caring enough to make a buy/not buy decision based on it) and there was still a statement on it. It makes so little difference either way that I'm surprised any action was taken at all.

I guess you didn't see their steam discussion page then

Regardless, he's getting removed in either case, which I don't really support.
I think I was actually able to hear his voice in some gameplay footage, ofcourse with the grunts, but I doubt it was him.
It's not that important that Jon got removed, that much is correct. But the reason for him getting removed is redundant.
Oh, and big words maek me look shmart.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:45:17 PM by crazies alt »

I guess you didn't see their steam discussion page then
Well I was just talking about the blockland forums, but if we want to include steam then we might as well include the entire internet as well. Everything probably evens out when we bring the ugh neogaf crowd into it. A lot of people voicing an opinion and not many actual decisions made because of it. It honestly wouldn't have made a lot of difference either way, they could have done any combination of removing/not removing, and releasing/not releasing a statement without much effect.

Regardless, he's getting removed in either case, which I don't really support.
I think it was a stupid decision too, no argument there