Author Topic: Server_GroundCollision - better ground collision  (Read 4289 times)

What happens if I build up my defacto speed for 12 hours to travel to the next QPU, bypassing the trigger?
as a result of your efforts, you will be impotently stuck falling forever

Don't players have a top speed of 200 tu/s? In that case you won't move more than 6 tu each tick, so you can't fall through the 10 tu thick trigger.

Don't players have a top speed of 200 tu/s? In that case you won't move more than 6 tu each tick, so you can't fall through the 10 tu thick trigger.
Blockland also has QPU and glitches to build up that much speed

Goddammit Swollow, let that die down already.

Like using high angled ramps or continuously jumping after you've jumped off the top of the tree brick?

Like using high angled ramps or continuously jumping after you've jumped off the top of the tree brick?
you have to be between a ramp and a wall due to how walls work in the game

that way you can build up enough speed to cross out of the current universe and into the fourth one over

you have to be between a ramp and a wall due to how walls work in the game

that way you can build up enough speed to cross out of the current universe and into the fourth one over
Is it faster or the same if it's a ramp and walls, or ramps and adjacent ramps? I don't think i ever tried ramps plus walls

Is it faster or the same if it's a ramp and walls, or ramps and adjacent ramps? I don't think i ever tried ramps plus walls
its not faster at all, infact you can't build up speed stationary, only while moving
jumping off a ramp backwards will produce the highest speed in the direction of the ramp, future jumps in that direction will build more speed, but only up to a certain point, once you cross a certain threshold you get a boost of faster speed but your jump will reset denoted by the fact that you make a full jump instead of a partial jump, at which point you no longer have conserved speed. while you have ramp speed held if you jump in any direction other than the direction of the ramp you started it from you will make partial jumps and conserve the speed, you can effectively move with increased speed in one direction forever granted that once you begin to move too fast you make a jump in the opposite direction to slow down and keep the speed. ramps that are super steep like trees can't have speed conserved on them because they give so much speed that you cross that threshold and lose your jump speed after the second jump (the first jump being the one you used to slide of the tree ramp)

And whatever the heck this was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E8TFvfLdjw

ive seen worse, when I was working on the Evo8 modifications I broke the Rally at one point by mistake. This caused it to launch itself several hundred meters away and just keep bouncing everything. I was rather entertaining.