7 (63.6%)
Bad Idea
2 (18.2%)
i'll try to make it
1 (9.1%)
i will make it
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Galaxy door  (Read 1267 times)

Im Only Asking, Please don't be rude. can anybody make the galaxy door fom this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDhN2vPOLDo im really interested in it and it would be AWESOME if someone made it :D

Belongs in Suggestions and requests.

I'm pretty sure the guy just used the good old fashioned transparency and FX trick, it would be easy to replicate it ingame - I fail to see why you need someone else to do it.

I'm pretty sure the guy just used the good old fashioned transparency and FX trick, it would be easy to replicate it ingame - I fail to see why you need someone else to do it.
Guarantee that is not possible with any fx tricks. This is just very skillful editing.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 05:36:46 PM by Blockhead31735 »

Guarantee that is not possible with any fx tricks. This is just very skillful editing.

It is possible, done many times. Tricky to do sometimes, but possible.

Basically transparency and fx bricks have a problem with rendering. So fx bricks end up invisible when looking at them through transparency. The bricks become transparent.

It is possible, done many times. Tricky to do sometimes, but possible.

Basically transparency and fx bricks have a problem with rendering. So fx bricks end up invisible when looking at them through transparency. The bricks become transparent.
You wouldn't be able to have the bricks appear behind the door though when he turns around. I'm guessing it's a mix of the fx trick with teleport events.

Oh that's right, my bad. I didn't notice the pearl fx on all the bricks.

Clear bricks and FX + Set Player Transform could create a very believable  Galaxy Door.

Clear bricks and FX + Set Player Transform could create a very believable  Galaxy Door.

It does, and I think modman made a video that used a lot of those techniques.

However, I don't think it is used in this video. The player in the beginning could be in a small box for all we know.