Author Topic: Any way to place bricks in the water layer?  (Read 2751 times)

I guess you could also make the datablock temporary a water brick and change it back to its original state

reee
someone make a smallbricks pack in the water layer please
you can probably edit it yourself instead of waiting

here's an example brick that is in the water layer (from Brick_ModTer_BasicPack)
Code: [Select]
datablock fxDTSBrickData(brick32Cube5Data)
{
brickFile = "Add-Ons/Brick_ModTer_BasicPack/Bricks/Steep/32cSteep.blb";
category = "Baseplates";
subCategory = "ModTer 32x";
uiName = "32x Cube Steep";
iconName = "Add-Ons/Brick_ModTer_BasicPack/BrickIcons/Steep/32cSteep";
CollisionShapeName = "Add-Ons/Brick_ModTer_BasicPack/Shapes/Steep/32cSteepCol.dts";
        hasPrint = 1;
printAspectRatio = "ModTer";
isWaterBrick = true;
};
the important part is isWaterBrick = true;
just add that to the bricks you're using and they'll be in the water layer

I guess you could also make the datablock temporary a water brick and change it back to its original state
thats what i was thinking

is making a brick in the water layer as easy as changing a value? why dont we just make a tool that does it?

is making a brick in the water layer as easy as changing a value? why dont we just make a tool that does it?
saving and loading is complicated

plus glitched collisions as zeblote said.

It's that easy, but it's a datablock value, so you can only have one type at a time.

I don't know what happens if you change it after planting some of those bricks, but it probably doesn't end well if new clients ghost them and use the new value from the datablock.

it's that easy
just not that needed normally, since you'd have twice the number of bricks in your brick selector, which is a bit of clutter

Tried modifying it

appears in the addon list in game

activated

wont appear anywhere in brick menu

someone do it for me i succ at it

It's that easy, but it's a datablock value, so you can only have one type at a time.

I don't know what happens if you change it after planting some of those bricks, but it probably doesn't end well if new clients ghost them and use the new value from the datablock.
it's that easy
just not that needed normally, since you'd have twice the number of bricks in your brick selector, which is a bit of clutter
no i meant changing the brick to it in realtime not by datablock which is obviously doable.

no i meant changing the brick to it in realtime not by datablock which is obviously doable.
if you mean changing isWater on the datablock every time you need an overlap, thats what zeblote is responding to. the entire idea is just changing the db isWater variable every time an overlap is needed. you cant change isWater  n a per brick base

that said, that would only really allow one extra brick overlap per stud.

Tried modifying it

appears in the addon list in game

activated

wont appear anywhere in brick menu

someone do it for me i succ at it
You need to give it a new datablock name and a new uiname.

I tried

still succ at it

what did you do?
if you just added that line inside every brick declaration for the addon you're using, it should make that pack all water bricks

what did you do?
if you just added that line inside every brick declaration for the addon you're using, it should make that pack all water bricks
I did, but it didn't work.