Poll

Is it?

Yes
22 (44%)
NO!
28 (56%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Is islam a religion of peace?  (Read 9249 times)

Well of course not all atheists are to blame, I never said they were. Atheistic thought merely provides a justification to communist dictators to do whatever they want.
then calling it a "violent and destructive belief system" like you said is unwarranted

I really do think that he can take Milo's spotlight if he keeps it up though. People need a British accent saying these things so that it's less obvious the ideas came straight from a trailer park somewhere in the American corn belt.

Just like how John Oliver is the mouth peace for the left.

Well of course not all atheists are to blame, I never said they were. Atheistic thought merely provides a justification to communist dictators to do whatever they want.
I think there is a huge difference between 'not providing an absolute moral code' and 'providing justification for Flash Mob and violence'. Given how many atrocities have occurred in the name of religion, I really doubt an organised religious belief system does anything to regulate anyone. Crazy people are going to do crazy things irrespective of what they believe in.

then calling it a "violent and destructive belief system" like you said is unwarranted
Yeah, maybe a little bit. I'd say moreso Atheism enables dictators to easily establish and maintain their own violent and destructive state. Unlike Islam it is not an organized belief system, and does not specifically call for mass-murder; it simply finds no inherent fault in it.

Yeah, maybe a little bit. I'd say moreso Atheism enables dictators to easily establish and maintain their own violent and destructive state. Unlike Islam it is not an organized belief system, and does not specifically call for mass-murder; it simply finds no inherent fault in it.
Historically, religion isn't the enabler for mass-murder, but rather the dictator/leader who promotes it. Look at myanmar, a completely buddhist state that preaches world peace and loving everybody but simultaneously executes muslim and hindu minorities

Evil exists everywhere. If it isn't inspired by a religion, then it's inspired by an ideology.

Historically, religion isn't the enabler for mass-murder, but rather the dictator/leader who promotes it. Look at myanmar, a completely buddhist state that preaches world peace and loving everybody but simultaneously executes muslim and hindu minorities
But you see, when it doesn't support their narrative religious folk can just claim that the offenders are not real [insert religious group]s

But you see, when it doesn't support their narrative religious folk can just claim that the offenders are not real [insert religious group]s

Der Juden

Yes it's clearly 10x easier to oppress people when you maintain theocracy because you have complete control over the minds of people. However, the same thing can be done without religion.

All you need is a group of people to hate and enough people to hate them. After that you've essentially seized the power. Make any mistake politically and you can pull the 'x group is at fault' card and completely reflect any responsibility.

Hell if i wanted I could create an entire campaign around how people with dimples are the devil incarnate and should be pushed out of society. Anybody who doesn't have dimples and isn't smart enough to think for themselves will let themselves be spoonfed all the hate, and since they have something to agree on with me they gain my trust. Next step is the dimple holocaust
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:55:03 PM by PhantOS »

"Kill them all. God will know his own." -Arnaud Amalric, Abbot of Citeaux, leader of the crusaders during the Massacre at Beziers.

"Kill them all. God will know his own." -Arnaud Amalric, Abbot of Citeaux, leader of the crusaders during the Massacre at Beziers.
Yeah but he wasn't a real christian because his interpretation of the book is different to that of Planrs.

The moral code is absolute, just so long as your subjective interpretation is consistent with theirs.

Yeah but he wasn't a real christian because his interpretation of the book is different to that of Planrs.

The moral code is absolute, just so long as your subjective interpretation is consistent with theirs.
Even if he wasn't a "real christian", he was using his beliefs to justify an atrocity.