Please sign this petition for a better world!

Author Topic: Please sign this petition for a better world!  (Read 4041 times)

Also Badspot isn't going to do anything just because 10 people sign a petition

Dennis we shan't do this. Eric would never approve!

I don't think bad spot would return but it think it's possible to give some of the best Devs a job to update and fix the game

I don't think bad spot would return but it think it's possible to give some of the best Devs a job to update and fix the game
There is hardly anything to fix about the game that can be fixed easily.

Yeah, this petition have some problems, and I agree with this idea and disagree, too. But, I think Badspot could make Blockland make great again somehow.

not by reverting versions

just has to put out some serious updates that incorporate some mods and show off what blockland can do. and create some sort of way to direct provide addons to users through steam workshop or such rather than through the addons board and blockland glass since most new players dont bother to check out forums in general

staticshapes were a huge step forward in returning maps with shaders, the problem is that development stopped for it along with all other staticshape maps

staticshapes were a huge step forward in returning maps with shaders, the problem is that development stopped for it along with all other staticshape maps

That's because it wasn't a "huge step forward". It's still a massive pain in the ass to create a map with static shapes, especially if you want proper collision, so noone bothers.

Because lets pay for 2 master servers running at the same time instead of 1

Because lets pay for 2 master servers running at the same time instead of 1

A server list really doesn't cost much to run. It's extremely small and mostly satic.

Unless you recode maps and interiors entirely this is dumb. They where pretty stufftily programmed and screamed late 90s. You couldn't even have HD textures on terrain.

Use staticmaps mod if you want "interiors" that are actually massive-ass vehicle shapes and are a giant "forget you" to what vehicle shapes where intended for. That being said, it works. Someone aught to make something to automatically generate an invisible block structure for the collision of it too, because the collision on them sucks.

Do you really think Badspot wants to program a new terrain and interior system on his 10 year old game on a dead game engine? I think we've gotten a lot out of blockland for $20. It's still really good as it is, and staticmaps and old v20 installers exist.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:13:35 PM by superdupercoolguy »

Unless you recode maps and interiors entirely this is dumb. They where pretty stufftily programmed and screamed late 90s. You couldn't even have HD textures on terrain.

Use staticmaps mod if you want "interiors" that are actually massive-ass vehicle shapes and are a giant "forget you" to what vehicle shapes where intended for.
Let me stop you there and say that you're misinformed.
They have nothing to do with 'vehicle shapes'.

not by reverting versions

just has to put out some serious updates that incorporate some mods and show off what blockland can do. and create some sort of way to direct provide addons to users through steam workshop or such rather than through the addons board and blockland glass since most new players dont bother to check out forums in general
Didn't Badspot just pretty much abandon the game? He said something about a lack of motivation to keep working on it.