explain the cultural integration of the confederate battle flag

Author Topic: explain the cultural integration of the confederate battle flag  (Read 5692 times)

I find it a piece of history. The flag doesn't mean the country but, more of their military. I don't get why people mess this up.
ya but then you look it up and read that half the states' secession declarations state its because they want their rights to own slaves
That's true but, Lincoln is not a progressive person. He is just as tribal as everyone else at the time. Just because he doesn't support slavery doesn't mean he supports black rights.

I researched more on the Confederacy since, there isnt much said than, they are anti-American or, Anti-Union, I found there was other soldiers like, mexicans because, America and Mexico hate eachother and, angry of the victory of the United States, native americans because, they were treated worse than the blacks, and black soldiers. Probably forced to fight.

I have a Confederate flag in my room as a collection because, I thought it would very obscure due to the ban.

The ban went overboard and it's loving handicapped

I don't think the people flying the confederate flag think that it represents anything bad, but the Civil War was 100% fought over slavery. The 'states rights' they were fighting over were the right to run their agriculture with slave labor.
which is why it's widely interpreted as tribal.

*to everyone except the people flying them, apparently
This is the reason nobody likes the SJW mentality of being offended for people to get brownie points.

No seriously, imagine the faces of all the people in the last year who got offended for BLM on live TV or on The internet. How many were actually black?

This is such an asinine mob mentality.

i feel like matthew is going to loving explode again soon

Because the American flag looks loving stupid whereas the Confederate flag is nice and symmetrical.

the way i see it is it used to mean something, now it means something else. given its history i don't think it's necessarily appropriate for a government facility to fly it unless they make a locally-well-received public statement as to what the flag means to them

i don't care if people fly them. those who do are just letting me know there's a 90% chance that they'll annoy me and have a dumb accent

It's an old symbol. Symbols gain meaning over time. Arguably it hasn't been long enough.
Horse stuff, the Swastika was in use long before Riddler and company. The flag was flown by tribals, that much can't be argued, but now it's pretty much meaningless. It's a piece of cloth. If you're going to get offended by it you're not wrong, just a hundred and fifty years late.

I researched more on the Confederacy since, there isnt much said than, they are anti-American or, Anti-Union, I found there was other soldiers like, mexicans because, America and Mexico hate eachother and, angry of the victory of the United States, native americans because, they were treated worse than the blacks, and black soldiers. Probably forced to fight.
I'm sorry but what the hell are these commas

i feel like matthew is going to loving explode again soon
Sorry, I'm not a muslim.

What the forget, Torrin? I thought you were a

the way i see it is it used to mean something, now it means something else. given its history i don't think it's necessarily appropriate for a government facility to fly it unless they make a locally-well-received public statement as to what the flag means to them

i don't care if people fly them. those who do are just letting me know there's a 90% chance that they'll annoy me and have a dumb accent
this

What the forget, Torrin? I thought you were a
im sorry but i have to tell the truth
im not a dog wearing a hat

Well, stuffforget. Guess I can't be enabled now.