Author Topic: Pompmaker's tank mods, but just the turrets  (Read 2312 times)

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=233440.0

/title

Also are there any good turret mods out there? I need some for a new gamemode i am making.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:32:14 PM by Planr »

turrets are surprisingly easy to make. if anyone is willing to handle the scripting i could probably stuff out a new turret model + basic anims a day

not terribly on topic, sorry. just hoping some prospective scripter might see this.
removing the vehicle parts of pomps tanks just involves removing the vehicle and wheel datablocks in the addons
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 04:17:27 AM by Conan »

Just giving the turret an UI name other than "" would also work right?
Also I made a lock on missile turret pm me.

Just giving the turret an UI name other than "" would also work right?
Also I made a lock on missile turret pm me.
*tank, but yes. it wouldn't remove the datablocks from being loaded tho (both by server and players) - unless planr is okay with that the cleanest method is to remove them entirely.

Alternatively, if there was a server script that lets me select which vehicles players can and can't spawn, that would solve the problem as well.

turrets are surprisingly easy to make. if anyone is willing to handle the scripting i could probably stuff out a new turret model + basic anims a day

not terribly on topic, sorry. just hoping some prospective scripter might see this.
removing the vehicle parts of pomps tanks just involves removing the vehicle and wheel datablocks in the addons
That would be awesome. I am making a space fort wars server and I am trying to gather some good turret mods for players to use on their ships, but virtually all turrets I have seen so far on Blockland have been made for modern/ww2 stuff. So perhaps just something like those, but it shoots lasers/highly colored shells/missiles. I have some turret model ideas I would appreciate being seen. Here's some ideas I had below.

A round battleship turret, two-barreled, with various diameter-scaled sizes ranging from 8, 12, and 16 studs.

A more sci-fi ish turret, that has the shape of this, but without all the complex greebling.

I could whip up some turrets for ya. They're honestly the easiest part of tanks to make.
But I'm busy with school so expect huge random delays.
I'll release a pack of just turrets soon if you want.