Add-on Making Academy (Google Classroom details in OP, new poll)

Poll

What course would you most like to see first/participate in most?

Modeling and animation
35 (39.8%)
General Scripting
45 (51.1%)
Datablock specific information (state system, emitter/projectile/explosion properties, image limitations, bots, etc)
7 (8%)
Other/Not listed (make a post)
1 (1.1%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Add-on Making Academy (Google Classroom details in OP, new poll)  (Read 26322 times)

I don't play BL anymore, but may still make mods nonetheless.  I've made a few already, but am interested in improving my craft.

I'm always up to learning some obscure tricks you know, I've recently thought of polishing all of my old private mods that I made back in 2011 and releasing them.

This would be a good refresher

seriously didn't expect this much of a response, wow.

alright i'll post more info in a later post about how the "classes" will work
tentative current topics to cover include blender modeling and animation, old blender animation, scripting of items/weapons/vehicles, and general scripting topics (data storage and exporting, objects and creating object functions, packaging and default functions, quirks about torque for the experienced coder)

with luck the lessons will be recorded; however i think text based posts and lessons are more accessible by most (with plenty of pictures ofc)

with luck the lessons will be recorded; however i think text based posts and lessons are more accessible by most (with plenty of pictures ofc)
Yea pictures would work just as well. Just some form of media. I know I have difficulty learning from text, as do many others.

i wanna pretend to be interested then im gonna disappear at the first sign of difficulty

A discord group would be useful so that we can post memes pictures of our work and collaborate better.

A discord group would be useful so that we can post memes pictures of our work and collaborate better.
yeah definitely, i'll set something up whenever this goes up

yeah i'm interested
what are the chances that you have to pay
none, i just hope that whatever efforts are put into this creates at least a few new modders/scripters.

i realized how small the modding cadre has become when i was posting planr's suggestions and request topic about turrets - before you could rely on a few scripters being around to pick up scripting requests but now its just like 5 people actively regularly modding for the game so there wasnt any point hoping a scripter would respond...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 07:38:56 PM by Conan »

heck yeah dude i'll be there

i'm already familiar with coding (learning python) so i dont think i'll have too much of a problem getting started

heck yeah dude i'll be there

i'm already familiar with coding (learning python) so i dont think i'll have too much of a problem getting started
sorta the same but the language i'm familiar with is css and html (baby code)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 09:41:51 PM by FelipeO_O_ »

I'm interested and have the ability to do it.  I just hate learning new syntaxes for writing.  I am beginning to write add-ons, but mostly just weapons and items.  I want to challenge myself to do something like write an add-on that overwrites BL Glass's GUI or something.

I'm interested and have the ability to do it.  I just hate learning new syntaxes for writing.  I am beginning to write add-ons, but mostly just weapons and items.  I want to challenge myself to do something like write an add-on that overwrites BL Glass's GUI or something.

OH forget

[img ]https://etmil.neocities.org/Capture.PNG[/img]
It's actually not as scary as it looks. There are a lot of Guis in Glass but they all follow a certain standard. Every Gui in Blockland has a profile assigned to it so every one of its kind can look the same. For example, Glass has a lot of GuiWindowCtrls which are just general windows. Every window in Glass is told to use the GlassWindowProfile profile and if you looked in the profiles.cs file where it's defined you'd be able to see how it styles every window.

It's actually not as scary as it looks. There are a lot of Guis in Glass but they all follow a certain standard. Every Gui in Blockland has a profile assigned to it so every one of its kind can look the same. For example, Glass has a lot of GuiWindowCtrls which are just general windows. Every window in Glass is told to use the GlassWindowProfile profile and if you looked in the profiles.cs file where it's defined you'd be able to see how it styles every window.

i wasnt intimidated
if anything, it was ironically the opposite
i didnt think that it was just as easy as going into mission editor, making guis, modifying the images, and all of that stuff