Author Topic: less buggy doplayerteleport  (Read 1356 times)

i am trying to make a passage way between places but you get stuck in place even when holding the move button. i tried adding a delay but that doesn't work.

clarify exactly what you're doing and what the events are. doplayerteleport has a relative feature that lets you teleport players to the exact same position relative to a source and target brick.

Well you know how i told you i am making that map well i wanted to make a car tunnel that teleports you to a different spot. i tried a wall at first but that just teleports you on top of it so i did a brick so you spawn in the tunnel rather than outside it. Also the relative thing only send to control where you're looking and doesn't seem seamless. I guess what i need is a modified do player teleport that has an option to set which side of the brick you teleport at (i haven't tested it but maybe also support for vehicles to also be teleported if it's not possible) with a on vehicle/player teleport thing so it can play sounds and while this topic has been made i also need an add-on for on vehicle touch and a screen fade in and out.

I guess it would look like
On player touch > self > do player teleport > brickname > direction > brick side
On vehicle touch > self > do player teleport > brickname > direction > brick side
On teleport > client > fade in > length
Delay > on teleport > client > fade out > length

vehicles don't work with doplayerteleport IIRC

instead of a wall, try a brick in the floor for the sending and a brick in the other floor for receiving

read your post a bit more thoroughly... relative in the dropdown is for look direction, yes. The two checkboxes are for preserve velocity and relative position, use them both probably

instead of a wall, try a brick in the floor for the sending and a brick in the other floor for receiving
that's what i am trying to do but because i spawn on top of the bricks i become stuck.

that's what i am trying to do but because i spawn on top of the bricks i become stuck.
read your post a bit more thoroughly... relative in the dropdown is for look direction, yes. The two checkboxes are for preserve velocity and relative position, use them both probably

how are you getting stuck due to being on top of the bricks?
if it's in the floor, there shouldn't be anything to be stuck on

how are you getting stuck due to being on top of the bricks?
if it's in the floor, there shouldn't be anything to be stuck on
Getting stuck as in getting constantly teleported

if you have brick to teleport both ways stagger it
S=send
R=receive
F=floor

entry here-> FRFS -stuff- SFRF <-entry here

that way you walk into the receiving first, not the sending
if you have it send on the receive, yes you will get stuck

that way you walk into the receiving first, not the sending
if you have it send on the receive, yes you will get stuck
okay cool