Social experiment for BLF: Running your own countries using Discord servers

Author Topic: Social experiment for BLF: Running your own countries using Discord servers  (Read 1992 times)

Basically every fictional country would have their own Discord server. How you manage your server will determine it's type of government, server rules will be your countries' laws, etc etc. I would add people's server invite links in the World Directory, which will be written down below, so you can 'visit' other countries.

To be accepted in the World Directory, your server must obey these 2 signs to be considered as a recognized country:
1. Your server's name must be a fictional name. Recreating the country you live in irl wouldn't be as creative or fun, which is why recreating real life countries won't be put into the World Directory.
2. Your server's picture must be of your fictional country's flag. This cannot be of an existing real life flag, try to be more creative please!

Some Discord features are now related to how countries operate:
  • Discord roles determine your position in that country. How roles work is up to that country's government. But on every single server, having no roles = foreigner
  • Kicking someone = deportation
  • Banning someone = travel banned
  • Invite links that last forever = open border

Any suggestions to make this better is appreciated! Start creating or helping countries today and we'll see how this experiment goes!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:59:25 PM by WALDO »

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:28:04 AM by WALDO »

OOH OOH!
Can I invade poland?

im about this, join realbrotherville, we takin over :
https://discord.gg/Xd6Pu45

gang gang

guten tag alles, wilkommen zu westfalen (don't say it tristianbomb i swear to god)

https://discord.gg/WcnDX58

can't have a government without members of the government
now hiring totally-not-corrupt govt officials

we don't do background checks, you could be a lurker who's BoS on the BLF and we wouldn't care
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:49:12 PM by Juncoph »

join real brother world

forgetsidy is now open for busisiness
https://discord.gg/TGkanJA
my BORDER is OPEN
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:57:16 PM by Meth »

right
Edited the OP so it's less strict in that aspect, otherwise there could not be as many countries created.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:02:03 PM by WALDO »

-accidental double post, removed-

realbrotherville will conquer the rest of these discords

Nuvanza has been created. We have 300 imaginary books of lore, and the Senzatto family are of royalty. Treat them that way.
Government: Democracy, decorative monarchy
National Bird: Cassowary
National Flower:Water Lily
National Phrase: Amo il pane. Dammi testa.
National Language(s): English, decorative Italian
National Song:
Do you expect the king to write a song
so that you may all sing along?
You might as well be executed
hanging with the dead
all right before I
chop off your head.

can wars be waged
Sure but how you do that most effectively is up to you to decide.