Poll

idea

do this
6 (75%)
don't do this
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Fort Wars Idea  (Read 653 times)

So you know how events are like, super abusable?
onPlayerTouch>Player>spawnProjectile is a great way to cheat.
This could be limited by a simple electricity system, each event having a power requirement. Each player has a fuel tank and a generator. The fuel tank generates fuel, which has to be moved to the generator by hand. It can be picked up by any player who isn't already carrying fuel. The generator stores electricity, which can't be stolen. Every input and output has a cost in electricity to run.

Thus, we now have something to fight over and a way to allow use but prevent abuse of powerful events such as doPlayerTeleport, player kill, etc.

Anyone think this is a good idea? Bad idea? Worst idea ever?

In fort wars I always use events to make infinite ammo turrets, land mines, health bricks, playertype changers, etc. (Unless forbidden by rules obviously.) Using some sort of "fuel" system add-on to power events would be neat but I'm afraid it would really slow down gameplay. cool idea though.

I think that if it's slowing down gameplay, it's probably been set up with the wrong values. With high enough values, the limitations would pretty much go away, as you'd have more power than you could use before it was restored for very little work, and with low enough values, you would get like, a client message an hour with a lot of work to get it. So somewhere in between is the perfect value, makes you want to invade bases but doesn't limit you too much that it isn't fun.