Group of engineers submit hyperloop proposal for Annoying Orange's border 'wall'

Author Topic: Group of engineers submit hyperloop proposal for Annoying Orange's border 'wall'  (Read 6198 times)

but hey at this point I know Musk can blow up as many million-dollar rockets as he can and you'll still follow the dude soooooooo
Isn't Spacex one of the success stories though? That's a weird point to make.

boiled down the argument to childish exaggeration and I'm not even sure that's the original argument

but hey at this point I know Musk can blow up as many million-dollar rockets as he can and you'll still follow the dude soooooooo
there's always bugs with new development/tech. the money is invested to fix said bugs and make said tech reliable. if you never invest that money you will never get new tech.

regardless this isnt really an alternative wall design, more like a replacement project
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:14:00 AM by Conan »

this will produce a lot more jobs than a normal wall

Yeah like smuggle Mexicans in. That's the real plan.

there's always bugs with new development/tech. the money is invested to fix said bugs and make said tech reliable. if you never invest that money you will never get new tech.

regardless this isnt really an alternative wall design, more like a replacement project

Yeah but new tech isn't normally based on pseudo science with no chance of working.

Yeah but new tech isn't normally based on pseudo science with no chance of working.
I think you really missed the point of those thunderfoot videos.
What he's doing is showing that in its current state, the hyperloop will not work for a variety of reasons.

What he's not saying is that the generalized concept of transportation in a vacuum tube is impossible.

Yes, he's pointed out many flaws, but as far as I know none of them are fundamentally impossible to solve. (If I remember correctly the 3 major ones were heat expansion, vulnerability to attack and car design)
They're definitely big challenges yes, and claiming that the hyperloop will work in its current design is definitely pseudoscience, he's again not saying that the general concept is physically impossible.

Isn't Spacex one of the success stories though? That's a weird point to make.
It's definitely one of his more successful projects, but there's been some good arguments that more would have been done if SpaceX's funding went to NASA.

It's definitely one of his more successful projects, but there's been some good arguments that more would have been done if SpaceX's funding went to NASA.
Yeah I would assume so given their decades of experience over SpaceX.  
However, at this point SpaxeX has put rockets into space and re-used them for something like 5% the normal cost (something NASA never achieved).

Now we have Blue Origins competing as well.  
The more competition, the better, I surely don't want all our eggs in the NASA basket, because as we've seen, that budget has been axed after the space race.

@beachbum, tactical nuke, etc
Musk has made glass solar roof tiles that are on par with regular roof price points, his Tesla 3 electric car w/ autopilot is going to be 30k, and he's got a successful rocket company earning billions from NASA contracts.  Now there's a good chance he could make a full sized hyperloop.  Those are good things.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 09:48:07 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »