Author Topic: How to make a dedicated server  (Read 1666 times)

If you are a lazy ass this video is for you https://youtu.be/OfzQ1JOgjgs
So basically this is very simple for everyone except coders. So, I (Custom) is going to teach you now                                                              Chapter 1, Getting your add-ons

This should be very easy. It's like make a server by "Start A Game" easy. First you go onto Blockland. Then you click on "start a game". Note: You're not going to make a server like that. Remember this note. Don't go to any other game-mode then "Custom" You can change the game-mode once it runs. Select the add-ons you need and then go back, again and finally exit. Now here is the tricky part.

Chapter 2, Typing terminal Wait a little bit for the console.log to update. Then press F4 or Launchpad, type in terminal:
Code: [Select]
/Applications/BlocklandLanucher.app/Contents/MacOS/Blocklandlanucher -dedicated -map skylands] It will load your console.log. Once that has loaded and says its up, its up! Enjoy your dedicated sever!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 12:39:56 PM by Gusetnoobnewb »

Thanks for the tutorial, the video helps.

The OP is difficult to read at the moment.  Maybe you could consider formatting it better?

should be called how to make a dedicated server since this method also works on windows and linux. (starting blockland with -dedicated argument

Thanks for the tutorial, the video helps.

The OP is difficult to read at the moment.  Maybe you could consider formatting it better?

Updated
should be called how to make a dedicated server since this method also works on windows and linux. (starting blockland with -dedicated argument
No, you have to have it in terminal so it can do this on mac. Windows has a different way of coding so don't try to do that. Thats why it said
>>>MAC USERS<<< in the title.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 05:43:08 AM by Gusetnoobnewb »

Updated No, you have to have it in terminal so it can do this on mac. Windows has a different way of coding so don't try to do that. Thats why it said
>>>MAC USERS<<< in the title.

You're clueless on what you're talking about. This method works for Linux, assuming you use Wine. Just because it requires a "Terminal" (it's just bash running in a small window) doesn't make it platform specific. I could use a "Terminal" on Windows (CMD/PowerShell), Linux (bash/others), MacOS (bash/others), FreeBSD (sh), the list goes on and on.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 01:29:02 PM by Gusetnoobnewb »

You can open windows "terminal" and type the same stuff and it would still work

/Applications/BlocklandLanucher.app/Contents/MacOS/Blocklandlanucher

are you loving dumb

/Applications/BlocklandLanucher.app/Contents/MacOS/Blocklandlanucher

are you loving dumb
are you dumb
thats the url to the loving program you can change it to /whereitsinstalled/blocklandlauncher.exe and it would work

it works on all platforms smh

Does anyone want me to make a topic on how to make a dedicated server properly?

Sure

I was thinking about doing this myself but im not really knowledgeable on all the ins and outs and different OS's so go for it.

I was thinking about doing this myself but im not really knowledgeable on all the ins and outs and different OS's so go for it.
same, i can teach how to do it for windows and linux, mac is pretty much the same as windows.