Author Topic: Working crouch event for bots  (Read 913 times)

Playgesture > Mov_crouch does not work at all. The bot crouches for maybe half a second before going back to standing up again. Could someone do a mov_crouch event that actually makes the bot crouch constantly?

I can't simply do OnBotTouch > Bot > PlayGesture > Mov_Crouch unless I want a bot floating on top of an invisible Hole brick with collision enabled. Workarounds like applying OnBotTouch > Bot > PlayGesture > Mov_Crouch to the brick under the Hole brick won't do, either. Then every other bot that touches the brick would start crouching, too.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:14:59 PM by tber123 »

PlayGesture causes your character to do a gesture but doesn't do any real action. If you play the death animation you'll be still alive, and if you play the place brick animation you won't place your ghost brick.

On the topic of the crouch event, I don't think anyone's made it yet either.

I'm not sure if you can package the setCrouching command. If it cannot your bot will randomly uncrouch because hole bots do a bunch of crazy stuff.

you can setBotPowered to off and i think it'll work then

this

it disables any standard bot ai, which involves uncrouching and stuff.

I'm already using "unpowered" bots, though

I'm using the "Default Bots" addon (Which isn't really default) and it spawns in unpowered bots that don't immediately start jumping around spraying paint all over the place.

Nevermind, even "Default Bots" still need to be set to unpowered for crouching to work. A crouch event would still be useful for something like making a bot slowly crawl along the ground to a location, however.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:01:42 AM by tber123 »