The Fate of the Furious - (Film Review)

Poll

What is your favorite Fast and the Furious film?

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast and Furious
Fast Five
Fast and furious 6
Furious 7
The Fate of the Furious
They all loving suck
What happened to the racing?

Author Topic: The Fate of the Furious - (Film Review)  (Read 1478 times)

C

"I got no choice!"

The Fate of the Fate of the Furious is sadly no where near the final product I was looking for with its high levels of potential It had just from utilizing the idea of Dom going rogue and the many problems facing him and his "family" as this film rips what the previous entries stand for to shreds which is coming from a fan of Fast Five and Furious 7. By all means, there is quite a bit of fun to be had throughout the film with its various over-the-top and campy action sequence as well as some serious moments, but the film surrounding these successes isn't good at all.

The fatal flaw begins with the story not making any sense at all and I'm not just talking about story inconsistencies and plot holes, I'm talking about the entire story not making any loving sense whatsoever while the writing isn't much better and when the film spends a bunch of time on the fate side of the furious, I can't only judge it on the action. Usually, I am able to lookover some of these issues, especially with this franchise, except with F8, the entire film is flipped around for its biggest strengths have now become its burning failures with character relationships being all over the place.

Conflicting tones and a surprisingly amount of the dialogue attacking each other move the film along as The Fate of the Furious makes the previous three entries look like a masterpiece of being coherent. Fortunately, things cool down and get better when the Russia action scene on ice kicks in for the fun levels go up and the amount of convolution goes down while the film seems to return to form towards the end and while I appreciate what F. Gary Gary was going for, The Fate of the Furious remains a major disappointment and probably falls under my trashy fun category.

Jason Statham is still perfect!

DETAIN
replying to every single post this guy is making wont help

replying to every single post this guy is making wont help
oh yeah?!? well.. okay

Fast and Furious is a garbage franchise appealing to the lowest common denominator of generic action movie goers

The baby scene made the movie for me

The baby scene made the movie for me

I have to admit, that was a good scene for Jason Statham is always perfect.