Whats a good price for a PlayStation 3 Original

Author Topic: Whats a good price for a PlayStation 3 Original  (Read 936 times)

So my PS2 died, i'd like to get a PS3 to play my PS2 games and the PS3 games I missed out on

On ebay the 20 GB model, which is one of 2 models to support PS2 backward compatibility, is $200+ on ebay, same for the original 60 GB version. 

I had a nightmare last night that ps3s were like 800 bucks.
Strange to see a thread about it today.

Ive been wanting to ask but how much is a ps1 nowadays?
I want to play spyro

I want to play spyro
emulate

emulate
Joystick controllers dont work too well with mouse and keyboard
actually does an xbox controller work with these things?

absolutely

BC PS3's aren't very practical imo being they are the most unreliable models of the PS3 and fetching a high price of around $200+ on average. Buying a PS3 slim and PS2 together would net you an overall cheaper price.
I want to play spyro
$20-50 range
Worth keeping in mind that all PS2's and PS3's have the ability to play PS1 games as well. Emulation is also a good option.
Yeah, just plug in your Xbox controller and remap the controls and you're ready to go.

i still have that ps3, but it was horribly taken care of as i was like 6 when i got it. it's just caked with dust and sounds like a jet, cosmetically it's well worn on a good day.

it still works great actually. i wouldn't ask more than 50 dollars for it considering how bad it looks.

somewhere around 100 bucks should be fine.

keep in mind that the ps3 hard drive is just a regular hard drive that can be easily switched out