Got my first mechanical keyboard.

Author Topic: Got my first mechanical keyboard.  (Read 1125 times)

Is there a store where I can test out the colors? My keyboard is reds btw.

I've heard of this panel you can buy with the most common switch colors

I've heard of this panel you can buy with the most common switch colors
The most common switch color is grey, but if you're looking for neon...
I know a guy.
Spoiler: It's ebay.

I'm sure in the future I'll figure out which one is my favorite, but for now I like the reds.

Nice! Mechanical keyboards are so natural to use.

cool. a friend of mine has a noisy mechanical keyboard and everyone gets mad when he joins the group chat because we hear every button he presses

cool. a friend of mine has a noisy mechanical keyboard and everyone gets mad when he joins the group chat because we hear every button he presses
I know what you mean.
I used to have a very loud keyboard, and my friends got pissed when I would call them on skype and they would hear my keys.
They told me to get another keyboard...
So I did...

It's even louder.

Mechanical keyboards are the best things, I don't want to go back to a rubber dome again.
I use a razer blackwidow ultimate 2016 which uses these razer green switches, they're kind of like mx browns which have that tactile click before you push the key all the way down and are clicky as all hell (which i love).
But if anything, there is one keyboard that stands above all, a keyboard that I've never had the pleasure of touching: The IBM Model M, AKA one of the greatest mechanical keyboards to grace the Earth.

But if anything, there is one keyboard that stands above all, a keyboard that I've never had the pleasure of touching: The IBM Model M, AKA one of the greatest mechanical keyboards to grace the Earth.
i got one at a garage sale for 5 bucks

can someone explain to me what the difference is between what everyone has mentioned so far

can someone explain to me what the difference is between what everyone has mentioned so far
The switches used for mechanical keyboards are not all the same. The most popular company that makes them, Cherry, labels them by color.
Basically the main difference between the switches would be how much resistance a key would have when pressing it.

For example, Red switches are less resistant than blue switches.

The switches used for mechanical keyboards are not all the same. The most popular company that makes them, Cherry, labels them by color.
Basically the main difference between the switches would be how much resistance a key would have when pressing it.

For example, Red switches are less resistant than blue switches.
There's a lot more to it than just resistence, there's also switches that have tactile bumps (brown, blue have them, red doesn't for example), some are clicky (blue is clicky and brown and red aren't for example), and then you have the total press force.

imagine how absurd it would be for someone to say they loved sushi, having never tried it