Author Topic: SuperKart Revival Update - Need Help  (Read 3915 times)

weren't you considering some sort of modular track brick pack with custom road bricks and props, making proper ramps or road curves for gravity a plausible mechanic?
I made a suggestion topic for this yes

Also I tested out FASTKarts, it somehow loads tracks way faster than usual, I gotta ask what they did for that so it can be implemented in Superkart

So I plan to bring a Battle Mode for the Gamemode, so I made a SuperTank.
SuperTank(View in 3D)

aww yea that looks so sick
like everything u put on there is a nice touch
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:07:16 AM by gr8dayseth »

Also I tested out FASTKarts, it somehow loads tracks way faster than usual, I gotta ask what they did for that so it can be implemented in Superkart
FASTkarts really has nothing special for the loading part, its map loading system is basically copy n' pasted from the original SpeedKart gamemode... at least thats what ive heard from crispy

im guessing that the superkart gamemode has some junk/bloat/unnecessary crap that happens to exist, though i dont know

the maps really require their useless scenery that has nothing to do with the track removed, i dont really get the idea of the background or scenery when the gamemode is all about racing

I feel like a good-loolong map helps the quality of the gamemode. I agree that we could make them more efficient in brickcount though.

Yeah I've noticed it's something about the brickcount, I'm clearing up parts of some tracks to save up time, frostfjall for example have a LOT of trees

Yeah I've noticed it's something about the brickcount, I'm clearing up parts of some tracks to save up time, frostfjall for example have a LOT of trees
I can send you a version I did later where I cleared out a lot of unnecessary bricks.

I can send you a version I did later where I cleared out a lot of unnecessary bricks.
Please do, I managed to shave off 2k to 3k bricks at most but I believe you did more right?

SuperKart Deluxe for the Switch

renegade roundup gamemode when

Some tracks will receive some updates too.

man I love that track. it was probably the most fun to build out of all the tracks, and it took the least time. simple styles like that are great.

man I love that track. it was probably the most fun to build out of all the tracks, and it took the least time. simple styles like that are great.
I hope you like the changes I made to it, I basicly changed the ramps to give it a look that it boosts the kart, and checkpoint gates.

Glad to see this :)

I'm happy to help out in some way. I can do vehicle coding (as you know) and I can build tracks.
I can try my hand in other things as well.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 06:22:30 PM by Rolfey95 »

While hosting the gamemode, eventually I can see some bricks from the previous track floating around so I'm forced to use the console command flushtexturecache();, is there a way to fix this?