Author Topic: A way to replace 64x Modter Bricks with 32x ones  (Read 875 times)

For some reason, big builds that rely on modter often lags quite a lot while loading if it uses a lot of 64x Modter sized Bricks, is there a way around to replace them with 32x without needing to rebuild everything?

Yeah, after loading the build you can run a script to replace all 64x cubes with 32x. Will it have to preserve brick names/events/items?

i'm guessing you're going to want it to convert the slopes too?
it's doable, but a little bit more tricky then

Don't bother, 32x cubes with the same volume as a number of 64x cubes lag just as much when clearing and loading.

My 32x modter cube planet has only 2,500 modter cubes and it freezes the game for half a minute (a VERY long time) when cleared.

I've also ran tests using solid chunks of modter cubes with the same volume, one using 32x, the other using 64x, and they both lag the same when cleared.

the thing is that if you dont immediate clear all 32x cubes it is actually faster, eg running a loop where you delete 16 bricks per tick rather than delete as fast as possible

the thing is that if you dont immediate clear all 32x cubes it is actually faster, eg running a loop where you delete 16 bricks per tick rather than delete as fast as possible
Is it possible to implement that in a gamemode that has a system of map changing? Superkart has this issue

Is it possible to implement that in a gamemode that has a system of map changing? Superkart has this issue
it should be as easy as changing how it clears bricks to change maps