Author Topic: Mod hacker!  (Read 2634 times)

And i think i could make it if i knew how blocklands server stuff worked.
Allow me to repeat myself again.
Why do I need to keep reiterating myself? You can't make this add-on. It doesn't work.
If it were possible, it would already exist.

This is just the dunning-kruger effect at work.

You can already do this with colorsets on any server, courtesy of Zeblote

Also I'm not planning on making it a addon!

I'm not planning on making it a addon. I would make it a 3rd party app.

I'm not planning on making it a addon. I would make it a 3rd party app.
Well, gee, if you're going to make it, why are you requesting it?

This won't work. There's only one thing you can get from the server: and that's models. Find an eval exploit if you want to steal stuff from servers.

this is an impossible task. when you join a server, the only data sent to you is the data your client needs. you get the model data, datablocks, sounds, textures, etc. but you're never going to be sent server-sided scripts unless you specifically code infrastructure on the server side to make that happen. you can easily open up your cache.db file and extract all the models and stuff in there if you really want to, but you're going to have to do the code work yourself.

no matter how deep you go, the fact is that the server simply does not and will not voluntarily send over script information, because it has no reason to do so. really, the fact is that the vast majority of mods that you come across are public and open-source if you can figure out what they're called and find a working dl link. i'm assuming, though, that this is just for that private minority, and then i would contend that you don't have any right to other people's code if they don't want to release it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:58:03 PM by otto-san »

I could see so many bad uses of this. Someone could steal that addon and claim it is theirs if it was never seen before. Another is making a server competing against them and that's clearly just being an ass.

Anyone who creates add-on stealers are terrible, but there can be some good sides such as helping the maker fix the problem. Some add-ons are private because it could be failbinned/uses code that is not allowed/not finished.

I'm requesting it to see if anybody with knowledge would tell me how blockland posts its addons back in forth. Thats the only reason!
And no, they would not let me put this in "help".

And all addons should be free. Even the private ones. because there really cool.

And if I'm not gonna get any support I'm gonna lock the topic, its about time.

I'm requesting it to see if anybody with knowledge would tell me how blockland posts its addons back in forth. Thats the only reason!
And no, they would not let me put this in "help".
kyuande and otto san explained how it works to you. its not about support or not, its just not possible unless you are using an exploit on the server

Ill finish this project later.