what the forget is it with these fidget spinners

Author Topic: what the forget is it with these fidget spinners  (Read 22962 times)

Some forgeter in 1997 put together some skateboard parts or some stuff and they're just now getting popular at my school and everywhere else. At least people can be entertained by little things instead of having the attention span of a gnat...regardless, they, along with the fidget cubes, are annoying as hell.

Some forgeter in 1997 put together some skateboard parts or some stuff and they're just now getting popular at my school and everywhere else. At least people can be entertained by little things instead of having the attention span of a gnat...regardless, they, along with the fidget cubes, are annoying as hell.
of course me, a superior mind, finds no enjoyment from these... kids toys.. heh.

i haven't seen the spinners in person before,  but i did see someone using a fidget cube while i was a referee at a tech/problem solving challenge at a conference. the dude using it was kinda weird, i don't think he ever sat down over the course of that challenge, and was constantly talking to himself and hitting himself in the head with his pen. he ended up winning though

so someone took a really low friction ball bearing and added wings to it. Not a bad toy, might get one myself.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 08:13:16 AM by Rednakin »

my school actually banned these things

funnily enough when the principal was announcing it there were 2 people in the class playing with them

We should make one with blades so the idiots who use them will cut their fingers off, and by extension, no longer be able to use them.

They're pretty popular in my school but they don't annoy me much cause people keep them to themselves.

We should make one with blades so the idiots who use them will cut their fingers off, and by extension, no longer be able to use them.
another great idea by master matthew where he advocates for child mutilation

another great idea by master matthew where he advocates for child mutilation

i'm with him on this one

kill the fidget sinners

For people who have a tendency to break the remote's battery cover.
this is so good

These things are pretty cool, as well as the fidget cube things.
I like them cause I have a learning disability and they help me stay focused when people are talking instead of their words turning into mush as they mix with my own thoughts. Obviously that also extends to reading, although they have no effect on my dyslexia cause why would they.
So far they- along with staggered periods of completely silent meditation to clear my head- have helped me more with this than anything else I've found in about 8 years of trying to improve on my comprehension. Maybe it's just a placebo effect, who knows- but I am more than happy to pay a measly $7 for snake oil that ends up helping.