Does anyone here know anything about locksmithing?

Author Topic: Does anyone here know anything about locksmithing?  (Read 692 times)

For some reason the doors in my loving house hate me and I don't get this at all. The first time this happened is when I locked my bathroom door and when I tried to unlock the door the key refused to turn and refused to open. The key was jammed and there was no way of getting the key out and we had to break open the door to get me out. I was locked in for an hour.

Today I was attempting to open my garden door, the door is always locked. So I turned the key clockwise to unlock it and the key turns halfway and now at halfway it is forgeted. The key is stuck in there for no good loving reason because these doors are so stuff. I cannot open the back garden and now my dog can't enter the garden. I need some help

i know you need at least 20 exp in the Locksmithing skill to get to the next level

you can try busting the lock, busting the key out, learning how to use a lockpick...

Spray some wd40 in the locks and see if it helps?

throw your dog over the fence lol

if you're using a dead bolt lock mechanism (like the circular lock you see above door hinges) there's a chance there's friction between the bolt and the wall. try pushing/pulling the door when you unlock it.

get some cylinder lubricant
local hardware store should carry it

I have fixed the door by pulling the handle upwards and twisting the key. The key has returned to it's stable position and now works and is no longer jammed