Author Topic: If a really fleshed out RP(G) server popped up, would you play it?  (Read 4093 times)

If some sort of RP/RPG server came up on the server list, would you play it by chance?  If so, what would you want it to be about?  Would you want it to stick with the norm and be some fantasy RPG or an army/apoc./prison RP or something of the like?

rpg yes, rp probably not

rpg yes, rp probably not
what would the setting be?  like what time period and when n stuff like that

If you looking for players host between 3:30 and 10pm US time

I would, yeah.  Zombies in the Bluzone was an RP server (probably the best) and it was phenomenal.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:22:55 PM by Electrk. »

If you looking for players host between 3:30 and 10pm US time
i was trying to get a public opinion i guess
I would, yeah.  Zombies in the Bluzone was an RP server (probably the best) and it was phenomenal.
what i wanted to do would probably be like the bluzone but no zombies

Zombies in the Bluzone is the standard for a phenomenal RP server.

I hosted a few RPG servers back then (not a cityrpg) and a lot of people enjoyed it.

2012-13 - Level Up RPG -> Basically a griding RPG with levels, money, powerups, and other upgrades (it had many many bugs though)
2014-15 - World RPG -> An RPG with lots of monsters, a few quests, a shop for weapons, powerups and upgrades, a level matching system: if your level is too low against the enemy they deal TONS of damage but you could get a lot of loot of you did enough damage and if they died; if your level is too high against the enemy you may not earn anything
2017 - Reverie Fort Wars -> A server where you build your fort using materials you find across a randomly generated map, tons of clans, you can team up or betray each other; I have made a few edits and some in the future will include: leveling up with skill points that have a factor on gaining more health/mana/speed/etc.; more monsters and biomes; possibly caves and dungeons with tons of loot - I'll have to figure out how to properly do this so people don't use client-mods to easily find the loot; lots more features eventually coming

Gamefandan did once host a RPG server (Forgot what it was called) and it was pretty damn popular
Was kind of a fantasy RPG thing focusing on killing monsters in different.... worlds? Biomes? (Not sure what they're called) and teamwork was highly important

Last I remember though, it was still WIP

Gamefandan did once host a RPG server (Forgot what it was called) and it was pretty damn popular
Was kind of a fantasy RPG thing focusing on killing monsters in different.... worlds? Biomes? (Not sure what they're called) and teamwork was highly important

it was just monster rpg
tbh it wasn't too good, super grindy and classes were really pretty pointless---i just played it a lot when i was frustrated or bored

Wasn't really that interesting. Ultimately, you were doing the same thing just with higher numbers. There was no difficulty in the combat, either. It was either "you win" or "forgeted by RNG" because of those monsters that had the random chance to do a 'counter attack' that took off a % of your max HP.

Apocalypse RP's are the best and have the most character development. Nobody likes to make RPs anymore, though. :c

i wouldn't because i'm too lazy to put in any dedication to any server ever

honest

I was never in a good RP (bluzone always pw'd) but I enjoyed Jorgur's, Stonequest, Gamefandan, and some of Visolator's RPGs.

RPs are an extremely fragile subject that is easily made or broken. It requires alot of thought and depth into story and scenario to achieve an attractive setting that can not only bring in players; but keep them around. Generally most RPs can succeed if enough time is put into them, even something as simple as a City RP can succeed. If enough time has been put in to flesh out design, setting, and interest.

RPGs on the other hand, are much more advanced technically. One must apply time and effort into developing the necessary systems; which can vary in number/complexity depending on the subject. For example, an RPG where much of the games concept involves killing monsters, earning gold, and gaining EXP/Leveling Up; requires the applicable systems that can provide well-coded bots, gold drops, and EXP gain as well as levels and stat accolation.

When it comes to story and setting, RPGs do not need to go as deep as an RP; since many rpgs focus on the gameplay and mechanics over story.

TL:DR RPs are heavily based around the story/setting. While RPGs are heavily based on gameplay and mechanics. Both can succeed to some degree if lacking everything necessary but it's unlikely they will reach greatness.