Can I sue my school?

Author Topic: Can I sue my school?  (Read 2659 times)

Not necessarily me trying to sue, but theres a lot of talk about student's parents suing.

Okay, so this school opened during my Sophomore year. The school I was going to freshman year was kind of stuff so I decided to switch.
A pamphlet was sent to my house telling me about a "Design school" and a "technical" school. I was like, 'cool. Sounds like something I'm interested in.' The pamphlet listed all of the classes the school had. It listed stuff like,

-culinary
-hair cutting
-CAD design
-architecture
-Photoshop
-Media
-and a LOT more classes. Around 20.

There was a lot of features such as,
- 3D printers
- charter school
- picked acceptance
- some other stuff, I forget

So I signed up.
First day of school I was dropped off by the bus. To my surprise, the building was super small. In fact, it took place in HALF OF A CHURCH LOL. The hallways were about 7 feet wide. The two grades could barely squeeze through during transition times. All the classrooms smelled terrible, like mold. All of the children were NOT picked. They let ANYONE in. People that have felonies, have fights, and overall cause massive disruptions.

The classes that were actually there that year were,
- Media
- computer class. No CAD or anything. Just "how to make a resume" and dumb stuff.
- "Big History"

Lol what the forget? They LIED on their pamphlet. Already, me and other kids are extremely upset. Super small, unprofessional building. about 9% of classes listed were actually present, and some terrible kids. No 3D printers, no legitimate software for classes, (Browser based stuff. WeVideo!!) Some terrible lunches, even my welfare school I went freshman year had better lunch. Here, they serve ONE piece of pizza and a little milk for $3.50.
Okay, the school is stuff, but that's not sue-able.

NEXT YEAR: now I'm a junior. I gave this school a second chance. They don't have any extra classes. The hallways CANNOT handle three grades. The only improvements we have are that we finally got Adobe in the middle of this year, and ONE small, limited 3D printer. Can only print extremely small objects compared to other printers.

The main issue myself and a lot of people have is the giant lies that were listed on the pamphlet. Four teachers were just laid off because this school can't afford to pay them. There's a paper shortage; we can't even afford printer paper. The teaching isn't good. The overall test scores are some of the worst in the entire state. THEY LIED WITH THEIR ONLY PITCH TO GAIN STUDENTS.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:48:26 AM by Sheepocalypse »

I love Big History™

I love Big History™
Oh forgot to add, that class is gone this year. It was my favorite class.

Oh forgot to add, that class is gone this year. It was my favorite class.
SUE.

You do realize false advertisement is a crime you can Sue for right?

Is it a public or private school?

You do realize false advertisement is a crime you can Sue for right?

Yes, you'd be able to sue for false advertising.

You can ask your parents and hope that they get on the school boards ass about this. Beyond that, you don't have the funding or expertise necessary to sue. Your best bet is probably to switch to another school
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 12:13:18 PM by Ipquarx »

My thing is, at the time when you saw it was a new school, instead of just going by the pamphlet why didn't you go and tour the school instead of just registering so quick lol

the pamphlet shows the classes available to sign up for, if there's not enough people that sign up for it there's not really any point in hiring a teacher got a grand total of 3 students

the pamphlet shows the classes available to sign up for, if there's not enough people that sign up for it there's not really any point in hiring a teacher got a grand total of 3 students
Then the school shouldn't exist if it cant satisfy their advertisements.

False advertisement is against the law so yeah, pretty sure you can sue em

Then the school shouldn't exist if it cant satisfy their advertisements.
they're not requirements, obviously there are other classes that people are interested in so they indeed do have a reason to be there
my school has been trying to promote a duel enrollment class that's damn good, however almost nobody else wants to do it apart from me and a couple others---in no way is that class a requirement, people just don't want to take it