Author Topic: Blockland Glass messes with graphics and crashes my BL  (Read 2163 times)

/title
Ever since I've downloaded BLG, if I reconnect to the same server twice, I always get a "sqlite" error and those weird invalid packet/datablock kicks happen more often. On top of that BLG also messes with my graphics on servers like Boss Battles and Jailbreak.

Some screenshots:

Sky Captain's weapon isn't supposed to be solid green^

What happened to the OSR?^

Medic's medpack isn't black^

These two are self-explanatory^

The weird thing about all this is that these graphic errors didn't happen right after installing BLG, but the crashing/sqlite errors did.
(The sqlite errors seem to happen after downloading File Manifest)

Edit: The reason I'm making this topic now and not earlier (this has been happening to me for at least 3 or 4 months) is because I'm starting to get into coding and mass-server hosting so I want to be able to host a server without it crashing all the time when a player connects. I forgot to add: Sometimes when I host a server and just interact with something like pick up an item, load bricks, save bricks, have a player connect, etc., "Blockland quits unexpectedly." I run on OSx El Capitan version 10.11.6

Have you tried reinstalling Blockland? (copy old files to somewhere else)

Have you tried reinstalling Blockland? (copy old files to somewhere else)

It seemed to fix almost everything for now but it may randomly change as time goes on, as did last time

i removed glass since it kept causing irregular weird problems with my blockland which got in the way of coding stuff, so idk it might be better if you just go and did the same. i generally put it back in if im actually hosting/just playing for fun.

noedit: not much of a fix, but i mean there's not much you can do. nobody really knows what's causing these problems since they shouldnt ever happen. best you can do is document what's happening, try to reproduce it and write down how to reproduce it, then post the bug in the glass thread or on the github if you know where it is.

noedit: not much of a fix, but i mean there's not much you can do. nobody really knows what's causing these problems since they shouldnt ever happen. best you can do is document what's happening, try to reproduce it and write down how to reproduce it, then post the bug in the glass thread or on the github if you know where it is.
alright

If you get an sqlite error the cache database might be corrupted, that could also explain why some items look wrong and others cause a crash.

Next time it happens, delete cache.db and see if that helps

aren't those weapons old? i don't think blockland glass is doing that.

Weapon age does not matter

Weapon age does not matter
old weapons develop alzheimers and forget what textures they use or how they look

If you get an sqlite error the cache database might be corrupted, that could also explain why some items look wrong and others cause a crash.

Next time it happens, delete cache.db and see if that helps

I deleted my cache.db, nothing happened. I'm getting Sqlite errors if I reconnect to the same server twice after being kicked for having an invalid datablock or whatever

I find it surprising that Glass would cause this, it really doesn't do much pertaining to add-on execution or datablock loading. The only thing I can think of is some sort of buffer overflow in connect arguments causing some sort of bad packet, but that can only really happen if the server has a few dozen required add-ons and I'd think that the engine would handle that.

Can the graphics bugs we reproduced using only default add-ons plus Glass and the impacted weapons?