is windows defender actually better than norton

Author Topic: is windows defender actually better than norton  (Read 1533 times)

/title
I wanna know to see because of the current virus going around
plus I wanna see if default factory bundled stuff is better than norton

Common sense is the best anti virus
Malwarebytes is second best

Norton is stuff and bloatware.
Windows defende is stuff but actually isnt annoying

norton is horrible, use anything but it

Norton is good at actually protecting your PC. Issue with Norton is that it doesn't put trust the user to know when a file is safe.

i updated windows and disabled its internet connection, am i safe?

As far as I know, the WannaCrypt malware only spreads by email attachments. Meaning all you need to protect against it is common sense.

Not only that, but Microsoft patched the exploit for all versions of Windows back to XP, so if you have the current updates, you're safe anyway.

Yes, common sense is the best anti virus but sometimes you can get a virus when being sensible on the internet.

Yes, common sense is the best anti virus but sometimes you can get a virus when being sensible on the internet.
That's why I keep Avast with most of the bells-n-whistles turned off to catch little javascript and flash exploits that pop up occasionally.

Malwarebytes is second best

as much as i hate this poster's opinions this is an extreme exception, i agree 100%

Installing a virus is a better antivirus than norton

The best Antivirus is common se-
OH FFS

I'd say don't run an AV unless you're a beginner or if you're paranoid

Avast and Avira are good options if you want something hands off but with real time. Malwarebytes is the best option for something along with those, but you can run it by yourself :p