Author Topic: Making an appearance edit playertype?  (Read 1322 times)

I tried making an appearance edit of the m.dts for a playermodel, but I can't seem to get it to work in-game, it never shows. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but can somebody tell me what I need to do normally just to make an appearance edit playertype?

if you edit the m.dts, after exporting you need to overwrite the version in base/data/shapes/ of the install that is hosting the server. make sure to not use launcher as that always overwrites default files with default versions of themselves - if you dont have a no-launcher .bat or something you can set the file to read only.

if you edit the m.dts, after exporting you need to overwrite the version in base/data/shapes/ of the install that is hosting the server. make sure to not use launcher as that always overwrites default files with default versions of themselves - if you dont have a no-launcher .bat or something you can set the file to read only.
I don't want to edit the default appearance though, I just wanted to make it so that it could be changed via brick event or bot spawn or something.

I don't want to edit the default appearance though, I just wanted to make it so that it could be changed via brick event or bot spawn or something.
you need to make an entirely separate playertype then - open up any unique playertype addon with a custom model to see how its formatted.

the general requirements is the dts model (of course), dsq's, and a server.cs that includes the DTSShape datablock definition to link the DSQ's to the model, and the playertype datablock definition.

note that the face/chest textures will likely not work - you need to get .ifl's to work with it. im not sure how to properly do it, but its possible.

you need to make an entirely separate playertype then - open up any unique playertype addon with a custom model to see how its formatted.

the general requirements is the dts model (of course), dsq's, and a server.cs that includes the DTSShape datablock definition to link the DSQ's to the model, and the playertype datablock definition.

note that the face/chest textures will likely not work - you need to get .ifl's to work with it. im not sure how to properly do it, but its possible.
I did that, but it still just doesn't appear in Blockland.
Download this, see if you can figure it out.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83fcqpi0mjorhg0/Player_Abomination.zip?dl=0