Author Topic: Would blockland be considered DEAD  (Read 3667 times)

In terms of development? Sure. It's definitely considered a 'dead' game and people who say otherwise are most definitely in denial, or following the 'no' bandwagon. Blockland left it's golden ages back in, like, 2008-2013. The population in the game daily is atrocious and barely reaches into the thousands, which means servers almost never fill unless it's something that everybody is already accustomed too, making new gamemodes difficult to maintain or create. New players will never stay on Blockland, as perfectly demonstrated by sales and Steam reviews, because there is a ghost town of a bunch of empty servers, as well as the top servers being lackluster, offensive, or just plain boring. A major lack of diversity. Roleplays, and jail escapes across the board. Don't get me started on City RPGs, and how fancy they may be equipped, trying to make a serious game with that sort of freedom is asking for failure, especially given the actions that the general Blocklander takes in such a game. All you're doing is making DM more restricted.
Yeah, it's dead, Jim. It's on its death bed.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:16:11 AM by Arekan »

People still play it so no

and that's another one for the list

to me the game would be dead since development has long since stopped and theres very few decent servers that are up 24/7
however the forums are sadly not dead by any means

to me the game would be dead since development has long since stopped and theres very few decent servers that are up 24/7
however the forums are sadly not dead by any means
You do realise a dead game is a game that nobody plays online and maybe 1 or 2 people jump on?

You do realise a dead game is a game that nobody plays online and maybe 1 or 2 people jump on?
you do realize that is in my eyes im not speaking for every single person on the entire loving planet

you do realize that is in my eyes im not speaking for every single person on the entire loving planet
I know you're not but Blockland is not a dead game, it still gets quite a few players each day.

I know you're not but Blockland is not a dead game, it still gets quite a few players each day.
gee its like you view the game differently then I do. in your eyes, its not a dead game, and in my eyes it is. i really dont feel like fighting over an opinion thanks

Blockland gets so little players, it'd make No Man's Sky blush. Your definition of 'dead' is very strict compared to his looser definition.

Blockland gets so little players, it'd make No Man's Sky blush. Your definition of 'dead' is very strict compared to his looser definition.
Yeah, I can agree. We aren't really in the golden age anymore.

well yeah, but the game has been around for almost 13 years now
the fact that it still gets players at all is pretty impressive for an indie game