Author Topic: How do I get rid of this "Use RTB" option?  (Read 1344 times)

This thing has been haunting me for years since I moved on from RTB. Please, end my suffering and show me how to get rid of it forever.

delete it with mission editor

what happens if you remove RTB from addons?

what happens if you remove RTB from addons?
The game will still create the folder along with some file in it by default

The game will still create the folder along with some file in it by default
pretty sure that's BLG doing that, and it shouldn't be installing RTB, just the files it needs

if it actually is installing RTB, that'd be very amusing

pretty sure that's BLG doing that, and it shouldn't be installing RTB, just the files it needs

if it actually is installing RTB, that'd be very amusing
i really thought it was bl actually creating it, it's not, my bad

use this: $ServerSettingsGui::RTBExists = bool; / ServerSettingsGui_UseRTB.setVisible(visible);, it should remove it from one/both of them

use this: $ServerSettingsGui::RTBExists = bool; / ServerSettingsGui_UseRTB.setVisible(visible);, it should remove it from one/both of them

The first one, when set to false, does nothing. The second one does this:

And when I switch back and to the screen again it reappears. Can I have it gone forever? Like, deleted from my filesystem entirely?

Would using mission editor work, and how?

the only reason it'd be there is if a mod is creating it

the only reason it'd be there is if a mod is creating it

System_ReturnToBlockland created it a long time ago. But it never removed afterward when I removed it. Pretty sure only RTB has a switch to enable RTB.

Blockland by default will add that to the start a game screen if RTB exists in your add-ons folder.
Glass creates an empty RTB so that add-on prefs will work, because Ephi insisted on a non future-proofed method of registering prefs.

You're going to have to live with it, unless Badspot clears out the code for handling RTB. (making sure it always executes first, and the "Use RTB" button on the menu.)

You're going to have to live with it, unless Badspot clears out the code for handling RTB. (making sure it always executes first, and the "Use RTB" button on the menu.)

Is this true? Really?

Well now...