Author Topic: a rant about memes  (Read 2899 times)

If a meme is something funny it's fine, but when it's just a phrase, a "dance move" or other things that aren't funny it gets annoying.

trendy dance moves are stylish until white people come through and oversaturate it. that's what you did to the dab and now its disgusting. at least hit them folks is untouched

trendy dance moves are stylish until white people come through and oversaturate it. that's what you did to the dab and now its disgusting. at least hit them folks is untouched
I've only dabbed once or twice then I didn't do it again.

I backhanded my nephew for dabbing.

Edit : He's 18 don't worry.

imo old memes can still be funny if used under enough layers of irony. grade-school memester kids can't add irony to anything

hit them folks is cool and not over-done bc it's too complex for non-dancers to just pickup and use confidently, but dabbing was never stylish, nor was gangnam style, nor the whip, nor the nae-nae, etc. those always looked dumb. at least the dab can still look good in a choreography or freestyle if the timing is right. the only example that comes to mind is at the end of this guy's routine

not even white people just people that can't dance in general