Author Topic: 300 US Marines vs 60000 Romans  (Read 6279 times)

is noone gonna mention how its forgeted that this game can even handle 60,300 entities at once + projectiles

Hmm, very good points.
I hadn't considered the Marines playing with semi-guerilla tactics. Makes me wonder if the Romans could win simply by not fighting and pinning the Marines down in a siege.

I still struggle to see the Marines winning just on account of the numbers, I feel like they would all have to be armed to the teeth and still play perfectly. Minor mistakes could cause a loss by simple attrition.

But I'm also struggling to not think of both sides by their portrayals in movies and TV. I can see a Marine going Rambo but forget that no Marine has ever faced off against 60,000 men all at once before. Could either sides Morale hold up? One faces an unending horde and the other a bunch of death machines.

i mean, that's a lot of lions

the lions would win if they attacked at night

The only problem is, if I remember correctly, the weapon produces so much energy that it actually forgets up the flight of the plane you mount it on. Must also produce a stuffload of heat.
no that's actually the Russian version of the gun
which is far more powerful

I'd like to test this in ArmA

I'd like to test this in ArmA
I was actually thinking exactly this. I'm busy now, but if someone has Arma 3 and wants to see my idea for an experiment, I'll leave it here.

You'll need a US military mod. RHS is my preference. Melee units don't exist in A3, but zombie mods do. For this idea, I'd use groups of them set to a moderate running pace speed and health set such that they die in 2 or 3 hits.

Arma probably isn't going to be able to handle 60300 units at once, so let's reduce the numbers. Let's try 30 marines vs. 600 zombies. This won't be proportional, but that's the limitations of the game. If the marines can't handle it, then there's no point in testing with the higher and proportional number anyway.

Test it in a way similar to the video, with the marines forming a cube with zombies on every side a few hundred meters away. I'd also want to see if putting the marines in an entrenched position, or having the romans all attack from one side would make a big difference.

Limitations: Arma AI makes dumb decisions when the game is under heavy load. 630 units will cause that kind of thing, which will lead to slower reaction times and simplistic pathfinding.
Zombies are probably not the most accurate representation of roman soldiers.
There is no meaningful moral system in Arma, no neither side will flee even with losses are staggering.

armor was rendered useless against the advent of the musket
modern weapons would shred through shields and any plate armor like butter.

that being said there's no way to win against 60k brothers when you don't have a bottleneck

Who would win?

1000 blockheads vs 10000 robloxians

armor was rendered useless against the advent of the musket

Who would win?

9,000 bowmen or 12,000 knights
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 09:38:18 PM by Red Spy »

bitch 10000 romans beat 100000 of the celts