Unpopular Opinions v5

Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions v5  (Read 27808 times)

Why should a murder deserve to live?
um......... murders dont live........... they are death...........

tbh tho i always thought of it more like this: the murderer is too dangerous to be part of society, and why waste money keeping them in prison when we can just get rid of them? although I heard that the death sentence is more expensive than a life sentence, idk how though

um......... murders dont live........... they are death...........

no shut up

Why should a murder deserve to live?
well for starters because execution is permanent and can't be corrected in the event that you realize you were Wrong All Along and the ""murderer"" was actually innocent
tbh tho i always thought of it more like this: the murderer is too dangerous to be part of society, and why waste money keeping them in prison when we can just get rid of them? although I heard that the death sentence is more expensive than a life sentence, idk how though
because the time of prosecution attorneys and law enforcement is valuable and expensive. convincing a jury that someone deserves to be killed for their actions is not as easy as you may think. it can take years, and it's not over even once you "get" the death sentence. there are appeals, the possibility of new evidence. and law enforcement has to find very damning evidence in the first place, there has to be minimal doubt that they really did commit the crime, if you're going to resort to killing them. and if even then there are mistakes, then maybe this just isn't the right way to do things
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 11:38:06 PM by Foxscotch »

well for starters because execution is permanent and can't be corrected in the event that you realize you were Wrong All Along and the ""murderer"" was actually innocent

Damn I guess we should stop arresting people after all some of them might be innocent

so should the police stop enforcing laws because after all the person might be innocent?

so should the police stop enforcing laws because after all the person might be innocent?
Damn I guess we should stop arresting people after all some of them might be innocent

the most important part of the quote already addresses this

you can release someone who's innocent. you can't resurrect someone who was wrongly executed.

tfw you're the kind of idiot that thinks killing someone and arresting them are equivalent

Don't purposely misinterpret what he said.
If someone is wrongly convicted, they can be released.  If someone is wrongly executed, they're dead forever.

the most important part of the quote already addresses this

you can release someone who's innocent. you can't resurrect someone who was wrongly executed.

Until we actually get to a point where 99% of people executed are innocent the benifits outweigh the risks. Your car's engine could catch on fire and blow up but that doesn't mean Chevy should be disbanded

Until we actually get to a point where 99% of people executed are innocent the benifits outweigh the risks. Your car's engine could catch on fire and blow up but that doesn't mean Chevy should be disbanded

You've got to be trolling

You've got to be trolling

Do you even have a ratio to work off of here

So you're okay with innocent people being murdered?

what benefits bro? what benefits are there to killing them. it's been established that it isn't cheaper. it's not easier for anyone. life in prison is equally effective at keeping them off the streets
maybe one day you'll be executed for something you didn't do, and then when you're looking down from heaven you'll rethink your position

also it's genuinely insane that you think 99% have to be innocent for it to not be worth it. yeah if just half of them are innocent then who cares. 90%? forget it, just kill em

what benefits bro? what benefits are there to killing them. it's been established that it isn't cheaper. it's not easier for anyone. life in prison is equally effective at keeping them off the streets
maybe one day you'll be executed for something you didn't do, and then when you're looking down from heaven you'll rethink your position

I guarantee if someone he loved were wrongfully executed, he would make an instant 180