LOST CAUSE - That LOST parody...

Author Topic: LOST CAUSE - That LOST parody...  (Read 7361 times)

Hi, I had been working on this for weeks now. I got a script in the works. I got the intro down...Almost. I also got some sets down but, not all of it. This has been a solo project for getting stuff done but, there is plenty of things missing for the machima.

Writers
Actors
Voice Actors
Set Builders
Modders (I don't know what they are called)
Eventers
Cameraman

I can get Adobe After Effects down so, we can have good editing and over all, make it look more professional. I right now, have a Mac which barely has in-computer filming like Fraps, iMovie which is an annoying video making software and very limited to do good machinimas, A Yeti mic and, a PC that was forgeted over by the adware from anti-virus programs (Thanks, Best Buy!)

In short, I have limited resources and not good programs. I do have blender and could do stuff with it. I need people to make this a reality. If you can help, Great! just PM me and I will add you on the list of crew. I will run down the list of positions in this machinima.

Writers

Now, I am writing a script and, I don't really know how to write a script however, I can try my best to make a better script. Since Lost Cause is a parody and comedy, I wanted to get the jokes down and make it work. I kind of thought that my writing wouldn't be very great. If you didn't seen Lost, that's okay, I can make some notes or bring out the loving script of the episodes on some scenes. You would have to PM me and show me some of your example of your writing skills. I would send you the script in PM. If you have an account for Google to work on Docs, great! but, if you don't, I will figure something out.

Actors

This is the in-game actors where you would act on camera. I would probably have a server but, it would lag like stuff because, I live in Canada which is far away for most people (AKA My friends). So, I would have to think of something to not lag like crazy or have poor connection. Like writers, send me some examples. Now, this is for more of, Main characters, Supporting Cast, specific background characters. The rest would be done by Filmbots.

Voice Actors

Since the script is not done, I can probably give you the Lost scripts for now, or, just delay the voice auditions until the script is done. PM me your voice samples and here is a list of Characters that are open. Crossed out with a player name next to it is when it's taken.

Jack Sheppard Daffytitanic (Myself)
John Locke
Kate Austen
Hugo "Hurley" Reyes
James "Sawyer" Ford Nobot
Sayid Jarrah
Seth Norris
Walt Lloyd
Jin-Soo-Kwon
Sun-Hwa-Kwon
Charlie Pace
Michael Dawson
Gary Troup
Edward Mars
Cindy Chandler
JD
Michelle
Shannon Rutherford
Claire Littleton
Rose Nadler

There would be more roles open in the future as the series progresses. (Hopefully. And God help me when we started going all the way up to Season 6)

Set Builders

Send me examples of your builds. It doesn't necessarily needs to be extremely detailed but, I want it still close enough to the show. While, I have myself, It doesn't mean much. There is some sets which I wouldn't build or I find annoying.

Modders

You can make private addons to the project. Like special bricks and tools as props, decals for the costumes, prints for readings and signs. Once again, send me examples for your work.

Eventers

This is for special effects. For explosions, fires, computers, lights,  Send me examples for the events, either as a save or video. But if it's an save, give me a list of addons for it.

Cameraman

And last but, not least, the cameraman. Since I don't have a good computer to record stuff or use shadows, I would need some help with the camera work. Send me some footage of you recording and, if it's good enough, I will accept you.

tl;dr I need some help, if you want to help, send me examples.

Here is some test footage or work done.

LOST CAUSE Intro
Blocklandic 815 Tail Crash

These wouldn't exactly be in the final cut. They are more like tests and I would one day reach to them to make better footage.

I will update this later on when I get some stuff done. So far, it's far from being remotely having progress.

GALLERY:

Here is some special thanks anyway:

Shwolli for inspiring me to start on this with his Block Wars.
Drydess for the name.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:49:24 PM by Daffytitanic »

Since I would have exams and other real life issues, (or I am lazy) Things would be slow so, take your time to get the roles. Most don't need you to be a machinima or BL to be in. Just give me an example of BL related work you had been in.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:29:54 AM by Daffytitanic »

Since I would have exams and other real life issues, (or I am lazy) Things would be slow so, take your time to get the roles. Most don't need you to be a machinima or BL to be in. Just give me an example of non-BL related work you had been in.
None, but i would like to start my career with this if i can.
Also i have never seen lost.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 10:53:59 AM by cromartini »

None, but i would like to start my career with this if i can.
Also i have never seen lost.
Alright, Cool! I can either make notes from LOST and give it to the people who didn't see it or, show them one episode we are parodying. We are just parodying the pilot so, there isn't too much on go on a tangent. You could apply for voice acting if you send a voice clip.

It's cool we could bring in new actors to BL Machinimas.

i have a thicc russian accent or if i try hard nough a slightly brittish one (I think).

i have a thicc russian accent or if i try hard nough a slightly brittish one (I think).
Try sending a voice sample and I can think of a role for you.

Just give me an example of non-BL related work you had been in.

Why are you specifically looking for non-BL related work if the parody is going to be based IN Blockland?
Wouldn't prior BL work be most beneficial?

Why are you specifically looking for non-BL related work if the parody is going to be based IN Blockland?
Wouldn't prior BL work be most beneficial?
Yeah. I may change that. I mean voice clips would be fine. I probably thought there isn't much Machinima makers on Blockland. I could be wrong. I am looking for a good crew which would be in the machinima.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:32:33 AM by Daffytitanic »

Some progress on the plane set.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1roTTXI5nRS
Here you go

Ok, I will find you some role to play once I write down the script and the characters.

Code: [Select]
JACK
I will be back! I need to help the other survivors.

CLAIRE
Thank you. Whoever you are.

Jack looks back to tell his name

JACK
The name’s Jack. And don’t you forget it!

Jack runs off to the rest of the survivors. Hurley was about to say it like in the pilot but, Claire asked it first. Progressive!

HURLEY
I was about to ask that.
Sneak Peek part of the script which isn't final and yet, has to be finished as I never got yet passed the Post-Crash scene.

I had been writing this script myself so, I based the humor of myself which isn't bad but, I am not sure if it would be funny.

Ok, school is about to end for me. So, the exams shouldn't be too much of a problem but, production may resume on July 1st. Just continued writing the script. Hopefully I can get the stuff I need for it.Still haven't loving get past the plane crash scene yet!

Thank god, my school is out! I had finally worked more on the script and got passed the crash part and getting to the exposition parts. I would try to work on prints for the cast members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sULXTd9u8I&feature=youtu.be
The intro is more closer to the original. So, probably make it the final version.

Also, if anyone could make the Blocklandifed version of ABC (American Broadcasting of LOST) or CTV (Canadian Broadcasting of LOST) which broadcasted LOST, please PM or post it on the topic
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 09:33:05 PM by Daffytitanic »

Production has resumed and, applications are still open. The script is not done but, I hope to get it done more down in summer.