[Item] Masks

Author Topic: [Item] Masks  (Read 4169 times)

im beginning a little item pack called Masks. think of it like payday 2 masks, they'll be recolorable and customizable and stuff (aiplayer)

im going to post images when i start working on it but for now im pitching the idea

here is the test footage of a mask and how it works. you don't need to have your hat/bicorn/visor/shoulderpads visible in order for it to work, it will just inherit the colors that are assigned to those nodes. as an alternative, i may add a pref variable so that it can either inherit the player's node colors or it can be customized through server commands or events.

because mountpoints dont work with mounted objects, im just going to provide a blank mask model in .blend, .dae and .obj in the final release for anyone who wishes to make their own mask designs.

here's a txt file template for the mask

Code: [Select]
NAME Clown

//NODE# node name - color. use as many as needed
NODE0 back - 0.5 0.5 0.5 1
NODE1 straps - 0.25 0.25 0.25 1
NODE2 black - 0 0 0 1

//primary node. uses the hat node color
PRIMARY head

//secondary node. uses the accent node color
SECONDARY bicorn
//inherit transparency? 0 = false, 1 = true
SECONDARYALPHA 1

//accent node. uses the shoulder/secondpack node color
ACCENT visor

« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 03:42:32 AM by PhantOS »

dude, nice

why are you saying this same thing in half of the topics you visit

is it gonna be those creepy clown masks (if you are saying it's like payday 2) or no

I mean they won't be creepy as much as they'll be cool and modular

it'll look like the payday 2 masks. i designed a skull mask and a phantom of the opera type mask too, etc

how are you going to standardize mask node naming, if at all? if not i hope you're gonna include a node list somewhere in the datablock definition.

is it all going to be nodes on one bot, or is each mask going to be a separate bot?

do this mask

"STUPID DOG! YOU MAKE ME LOOK BAD!"

Update: im traveling in the next 3 days so i havent been able to do a concept or model yet, but i'll post one soon. If you have any idea for masks, post them here. Just send a front-shot picture of the mask here and i might add it because i need mask ideas

how are you going to standardize mask node naming, if at all? if not i hope you're gonna include a node list somewhere in the datablock definition.

is it all going to be nodes on one bot, or is each mask going to be a separate bot?
its going to be a bot wth 3 recolorable nodes. The names really wont matter, but they will be determined by the player's hat bicorn and visor colors. Every time you update the playermodel it will update the mask too.

since hatmod did it right, i might use a Mask_Yourmasknamehere notation and any masks can be in their own folder, accompanied by a text file that defines the node names and mount location (? maybe not mount location) or a script file that adds any unique scripts

i wont dissapoint eustace bagge

here is the test footage of a mask and how it works. you don't need to have your hat/bicorn/visor/shoulderpads visible in order for it to work, it will just inherit the colors that are assigned to those nodes. as an alternative, i may add a pref variable so that it can either inherit the player's node colors or it can be customized through server commands or events.

because mountpoints dont work with mounted objects, im just going to provide a blank mask model in .blend, .dae and .obj in the final release for anyone who wishes to make their own mask designs.

here's a txt file template for the mask

Code: [Select]
NAME Clown

//NODE# node name - color. use as many as needed
NODE0 back - 0.5 0.5 0.5 1
NODE1 straps - 0.25 0.25 0.25 1
NODE2 black - 0 0 0 1

//primary node. uses the hat node color
PRIMARY head

//secondary node. uses the accent node color
SECONDARY bicorn
//inherit transparency? 0 = false, 1 = true
SECONDARYALPHA 1

//accent node. uses the shoulder/secondpack node color
ACCENT visor
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 02:15:12 AM by PhantOS »

i might end up renaming the project Bot Hats instead, because i think this system can be used to make more versatile hats with changing colors and other stuff

also recolorable tophat

WHO ARE THESE GUYS, EX MILITARY?

i might scrap the avatar selection stuff because i dont understand how much of it works

[img]http://i.imgur.com/009JbJv.pngquot
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Arcm1uZ.png[/im

progress
Thats awesome, but can only people with the addon installed see the hat, is it client sided or server sided?

its server sided. the hats are all bots that are mounted to the eye node
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 02:36:59 AM by PhantOS »