BALL - Waking up to the dystopia

Author Topic: BALL - Waking up to the dystopia  (Read 4050 times)

You take the pistol from unconscious Roland, and exit the vehicle. You then enter the next room, which appears to be a long hall-way.

You hop out, and suddenly you see something dig into the concrete next to you. You look ahead and see...

A marksman, and two CPs! They are quite a ways off, but they can see you, and you can see them. What do you do?

invoke the gods of capitalism to smite these red eyed fools

Try to be understandable and covnince them that you need  to deliver an urgent message to the emperor

use some money to build a fort because capitalism

You speak the words of power, and the lord of Capitalism appears to reap your enemies.

When you come to, you are on the other side of the room, and the CPs are just a pile of ash. There is a massive dent in the wall in front of you as well. You decide to squeeze into the hallway on the left, and to keep going.

After winding hallways, and a few ventilation shafts later, you end up in a dark room. With an old ball on a thron-- What you see in front of you is an elder version of the emperor of this society. He appears to be sleeping. As you approach, he suddenly speaks.

"I know why you are here.", he sounds saddened, and frail. It seems a bit familiar to you.

"You are here to succeed me, and retake your society from me.", he continues.

"You're here to slaughter me and help your revolution destroy what I have made.", he sounds a little aggravated when he says this.

"But, you can take it. I'm old, and tired. You seem like you haven't aged a goddamn second.", he sounds defeated.

"My one mission on this throne was to destroy what you had made, and spit in your face. I've succeeded, nonetheless. Now, your empire is ruled by gangs, citizens young and old kill each other for selfish reasons under neon light and hovering vehicles, and there's little order to think of. Hell, I cant even rule this loving city.", he chuckles a little, looking to the side.

"I've been sitting in this throne for many years, waiting for this moment for when I can laugh at your face once you try to take your empire back, and here we are. But, as I stare onto you now, I try to make excuses for what I've done to the known world. I've plunged it into a deeper dark age to when no scientific discovery hasn't been made in centuries, and for what? A feud in which costed a few lives?", he sighs as he stares back at you.

"The truth is, I cant find any sort of excuse for any of this.", he looks around at the dark room.

"This neon-bathed society. This false illusion of capitalism, which is my own system in reality. These lawless cities, and all.", he continues.

"I was trying to claim revenge on the man who had everything, but I ended up destroying everything that you had built, civilized society.", he stares back at you.

"Sure, I killed the three beasts, unified the world under my flag, but what were the costs?", he continues with his monologue.

"But, I dont believe that you remember anything. Of course you don't, you were in a coma.", he begins to tell the story of when he poisoned the world.

"As I followed your men back to your village, I was making a plan to strike back at you. And I didn't plan for you to strike back at me. I was thinking up a new system that would best yours. One that promised equality for all. I thought it was fool-proof.", he explains.

"I had to change my flag, my identity, my origin, everything to become a member of your society, become a citizen so I could rot your empire from the inside. I would have to do it on my own, seeing as you were the most notable figure in the land.", he continues.

"I envied your popularity, and how you worked so well with everyone. While I wallowed in my own anger, I wrote-up my own manifesto on my political system, which I labelled 'Communism' or the 'Power of the Community'. I wrote all about this, and claimed of revolution for the free man. I blamed your system for destroying everything anyone would love. I ended up getting some traction in the political theater.", he continues.

"In the months following, I checked each day on the paper, just to see what your reaction would be on my manifesto, or maybe a coup would begin, favoring my system over yours! But, nothing. Until I picked up the paper of your falling, you were unable to rule. This was my Plan B.", he chuckles a bit.

"With the help of an army of my own supporters, I raided your headquarters, and occupied it. Your army had no choice but to yield to me.", he continues.

"I quickly took action and removed the power of the average citizen. There was no more voting, or any rights, That all went to me. I did what I wanted to do.", he says.

"Science, Production, and seemingly everything about life stalled to a snails pace. Building crawled up to the skies to meet the clouds, there were so many tall buildings that it was suffocating. Soon, I allowed individual companies to put up bill-boards, all electronical. Neon advertisements were everywhere. Everything changed so much that the world looked unrecognizable. But, there was a new problem.", he continues

"You hadn't awoken yet. This gave people who wanted me cut in half hope for you awakening. We tried to expunge you, but some force kept us from killing you. So, we stuffed you in an apartment room in secret, and announced that you had died. Some theories amongst myself that we would be able to kill you once you had woken up, and this protective barrier would fall. But, once my Civil Prosecutors had inspected your apartment room, you were gone. And now...", he pauses.

He shuts his eyes, sighing.

"... You're here. If you want to kill me, go ahead. I'll be dead soon anyways. And besides...", he pauses again, opening his one eye again.

"What is there left to salvage?", he says to you.

ok actually nurse this guy back to health and reimpose capitalism on this society
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 12:11:13 PM by bigcapitalbaka »

propose capitalism
Ftfy,
go into an deep moral conversation about which system is right and which system is wrong.
WWE SUPLEX THAT MOTHERforgetER OUT OF A NEARBY WINDOW AND MAKE A ALL-CITY ANNOUNCEMENT THAT CAPITALISIM IS TEH NEWEST BEST THING
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 08:02:43 AM by cromartini »

Demand to change to capitalism

WWE SUPLEX THAT MOTHERforgetER OUT OF A NEARBY WINDOW AND MAKE A ALL-CITY ANNOUNCEMENT THAT CAPITALISIM IS TEH NEWEST BEST THING