Author Topic: QUESTBALL - A New Day  (Read 13226 times)

We must travel to the next settlement or domain and rally more of the proletariat to our ranks!  The People's Warband must grow!

You discuss your intent with the three balls, and the four of you eventually agree to form a group dedicated to bringing about the people's revolution - and the sun shall guide you.
While not a pressing issue, the group requires a name and symbol. The options they've come up with are as follows (though nothing is stopping you from using your own idea):

NAMES

People's Incandescant Warband - PIW
Luminous People's Revolt - LPR
Crusaders of Helios - COH
Sons of Sol - SOS

SYMBOLS

Before you go on to discuss the agenda with the group, Marc insists on bandaging your eye. While technically not necessary, it is rather unsightly for the leader to show wounds.

Small Xs denote known hamlets. This is a crude map of the local area drawn up by Jes.

To where should the group march?

Enlightened Children of Helios (ECOH)

Sun & Sickle with Saint Solaire's Cross crossing the sickle.

Quickly gather supporters at the nearby hamlets, boasting the heroic feats of your party, then make way for the windmill.

Quickly gather supporters at the nearby hamlets, boasting the heroic feats of your party, then make way for the windmill.
^
Luminous People's Revolt - LPR
sun & sickle

Enlightened Children of Helios (ECOH)

Sun & Sickle with Saint Solaire's Cross crossing the sickle.

I think Scions of Luna sounds better.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:24:26 PM by Texan101 »

I think Children of Luna sounds better.
Burn the heretic!

Burn the heretic!
But everyone knows Luna is the goddess who leads the others from the shadows. She is the poisoned blade in the back of the dissenters and the light of the path of the traveler. She protects from those who would go against her.

But everyone knows Luna is the goddess who leads the others from the shadows. She is the poisoned blade in the back of the dissenters and the light of the path of the traveler. She protects from those who would go against her.
. . .
Burn the heretic!

. . .

Luna will sometimes fight Helios directly. When she does, she wins. Have you ever seen an eclipse? That's what's happening.

Luna will sometimes fight Helios directly. When she does, she wins. Have you ever seen an eclipse? That's what's happening.
burn this heathen
--
crusaders of helios
Helios' Chariot spreads the seeds of revolution!

sorry dudes, had a jumbled day yesterday and i forgot to update. will make a big one to compensate when i get home

You mean every 1/1,051,920th of the year that the moon "wins"? Truly there is a heretic among us.

You mean every 1/1,051,920th of the year that the moon "wins"? Truly there is a heretic among us.

Well that plus every time it's night... He's got a point there...

It is settled. You are the Enlightened Crusaders of Helios.

Your group marches to a hamlet that was spotted from the hills.

"Hey, Tig? Me and Sullo talked, and we think it'd be good to set up some scouts. I could lead a trio out around the hamlet to watch for guards, and I think Sullo has plans for setting something similar.. -ish up, but you might wanna talk directly to him about it."

The ever mild-mannered Marc approaches you soon after.

"Tig. I think we really do have a chance here, but these balls are serfs. None of them know how to fight. I served with a mercenary group once - I think I could take a crack at training our numbers. I want your input, though."

After hearing about your cause, nine serfballs enter your group. After some tearjerking talks, it's agreed upon between the recruits that their children will go into hiding here. It's likely for the best, you think, considering the fact that you're essentially a warband.

While talking with Marc, you spot Sullo and wave him over.

"Jes told you, I'm guessing. I can talk to the right people around here. Get something of a network going. It'd help our name spread without alerting the wrong people. What do you think?"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:38:24 PM by Juncoph »